Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Bookopoly (2015 - 2016) > Treasure Island Book Requests!

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Off to Treasure Island? Let me choose the book you'll take with you! Enjoy your stay and come back often!

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenofthebookworm) Hi Lahni, could you please select three books for me to take to your treasure island?

Thanks

message 3: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Here you go Karen!

The Girl on the Train
Bossypants
Attack Of The Unsinkable Rubber Ducks

The first 2 are on my tbr list and the last has such a great title!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 380 comments Hi Lahni,

could you choose a couple of books for me too, please ? Don't think I will be taking it off Karen, but crazy week has finished and I am back to reading!

message 5: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Ok, Amanda, I chose three for you:

Rebecca is one of my all time favorites!
I Capture the Castle I liked this one too.
Hercule Poirot's Christmas on my list to read and seems seasonally appropriate!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 380 comments Lahni wrote: "Ok, Amanda, I chose three for you:

Rebecca is one of my all time favorites!
I Capture the Castle I liked this one too.
Hercule Poirot's Christmas on my li..."

Hmmm ...The first two are listed for another challenge, but I am so tempted to read the third - and it just misses out on the criteria for a challenge!!

I think I will read the Poirot. I need a light read!

message 7: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Let me know how you like it! I've never read Agatha Christie before!

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 380 comments Lahni wrote: "Let me know how you like it! I've never read Agatha Christie before!"

Really ? I hadn't read anything by her before last year, now I own about 60 of her books, we collect them as a family ;)

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenofthebookworm) Thanks for picking Attack Of The Unsinkable Rubber Ducks, I'd forgotten just how much I love Jack Parlabane as a character.

message 10: by Julinda (new)

Julinda | 35 comments Hi lahni, can you please pick two books for me to choose from, thanks.

message 11: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Here you go, Julinda. Sorry for the slow response.

The Kitchen God's Wife
The Night Circus

message 12: by Julinda (new)

Julinda | 35 comments Hmm I did say that the next time someone picked The Night Circus I would read that but it's on my Ipad and I am just finishing my second book on that so the thought of a real paper book sounds good so The Kitchen God's Wife it is. Thanks Lahni.

message 13: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Julinda wrote: "Hmm I did say that the next time someone picked The Night Circus I would read that but it's on my Ipad and I am just finishing my second book on that so the thought of a real paper book sounds good..."

Haha!! Maybe the next next time then!

message 14: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1579 comments Could you pick me three books from my bookopoly shelf please?

message 15: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Here you go Coralie:

The Girl with All the Gifts
The Sound and the Fury
A Feast for Crows

Hopefully you'll like one of these!

message 16: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1579 comments Thank you. I will go with A Feast for Crows if I can get it from the library.

message 17: by Charity (new)

Charity | 540 comments Hi Lahni! I landed on your space. Could you pick 3 books from my list please? Thank you!

message 18: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Charity wrote: "Hi Lahni! I landed on your space. Could you pick 3 books from my list please? Thank you!"

Welcome to Treasure Island, Charity! I picked these books for you:

Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain (a fascinating book!)
East of Eden (one of my all time favorites)
Ender in Exile (I like the Ender series but haven't read this one yet!)

Hope you enjoy one of these!

message 19: by Charity (new)

Charity | 540 comments Lahni wrote: "Charity wrote: "Hi Lahni! I landed on your space. Could you pick 3 books from my list please? Thank you!"

Welcome to Treasure Island, Charity! I picked these books for you:

[book:Musicophilia: Ta..."

Thank you! I have Musicophilia coming from the library and it's on my Moving Mountains so I'll probably go with that.

message 20: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) | 2939 comments Hi Lahni, I landed on Treasure Island. Could you please pick 3 books for me from my shelf?

message 21: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Hi Lusie, I picked these books for you because they are all books I loved:

My Soul to Steal
Rebecca
Snowflower and the Secret Fan

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy | 2109 comments Hi Lahni, please select three books from my Bookopoly shelf when you have a moment. Thanks!

message 23: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Hi Amy!! thesecare my choices for you:

Fool Me Once
Red Queen
The Glass Castle

Happy reading!

message 24: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4356 comments Mod
Good morning, Lahni. I landed on Treasure Island and need 3 books selected for me. My shelf is here.

message 25: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Bea wrote: "Good morning, Lahni. I landed on Treasure Island and need 3 books selected for me. My shelf is here."

Hi Bea! Hope you enjoy your stay here! These are the books I chose for you:

Before I Go to Sleep
The Patience Stone
Watership Down

message 26: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4356 comments Mod
Lahni wrote: "Hi Bea! Hope you enjoy your stay here! These are the books I chose for you:

Before I Go to Sleep
The Patience Stone
Watership Down"

Lahni, I did two rolls today and Dom also chose Before I Go to Sleep as one of the selections. I have The Patience Stone on hold at the library, but I think I will go with Watership Down. I have had Watership Down on my TBR for awhile, so this will be one way to get that done. Also, it will work for several other challenges, which is always a plus!

message 27: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Bea wrote: "Lahni wrote: "Hi Bea! Hope you enjoy your stay here! These are the books I chose for you:

Before I Go to Sleep
The Patience Stone
Watership Down"

Lahni,..."

Let me know what you think when you finish! It's been on my list to read for a while.

message 28: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1579 comments Hi Lahni, I have landed on Treasure Island and would like three books from my bookopoly shelf. Thank you.

message 29: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Coralie wrote: "Hi Lahni, I have landed on Treasure Island and would like three books from my bookopoly shelf. Thank you."

Hi Coralie! I have chosen these:

The Secret Chord
The Sound of Waves
The Valley of Amazement

message 30: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1579 comments Thank you. I will read The Secret Chord.

message 31: by Lusie (last edited Jul 24, 2016 02:40AM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) | 2939 comments Hi Lahni. I see the last time I was here I forgot to let you know what I was going to read. I ended up reading Rebecca. I loved it.

Could you please pick 3 books for me from my shelf?

message 32: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Lusie wrote: "Hi Lahni. I see the last time I was here I forgot to let you know what I was going to read. I ended up reading Rebecca. I loved it.

Could you please pick 3 books for me from my shelf?"

Lusie- I'm so sorry I didn't see this!! Of course I'll pick books!! I'll be right back with those!

message 33: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Lusie how about these

Saint Anything
The Color Purple
Poppy Day

I'm glad you liked Rebecca!!

message 34: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) | 2939 comments No worries!

Thank you for choosing books for me. I think I'll go for Saint Anything

message 35: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4356 comments Mod
Lahni, would you please choose three books for me to take to Treasure Island? I am planning to be there several weeks.

my bookopoly shelf

message 36: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Sure Bea! Hope you enjoy your stay with these:

The Jester
One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd
East of Eden

message 37: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4356 comments Mod
Lahni wrote: "Sure Bea! Hope you enjoy your stay with these:

The Jester
East of Eden"

Oh, Lahni! You have made it hard for me. I have so many reasons to read each of them. I think I will start with One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd as it will help me complete one part of my goal to read books for old games I started and did not finish. This book is the last of the Birthday Games from several years ago.

message 38: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Bea wrote: "Lahni wrote: "Sure Bea! Hope you enjoy your stay with these:

The Jester
East of Eden"

Oh, Lahni! You have ..."

I had never heard of this book but it intrigued me so be sure to let me know how you like it!!

message 39: by Lusie (last edited Sep 18, 2016 08:56AM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) | 2939 comments Hi Lahni, last time I was here you picked Saint Anything for me. I liked it.

And now i'm back :) Could you please pick 3 books for me from my shelf?

message 40: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Lusie welcome back! This time I choose these for you!

Die Trying
Two for the Dough
The Tea Rose

message 41: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) | 2939 comments Thank you! I'm going to read Die Trying

message 42: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1579 comments Hi Lahni, I have landed on your beautiful island and would like you to choose me three treasures from my bookopoly shelf thank you.

message 43: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Coralie wrote: "Hi Lahni, I have landed on your beautiful island and would like you to choose me three treasures from my bookopoly shelf thank you."

I'm so glad you have stopped by! I chose books that had titles or authors that reminded me of Halloween!

The Pit and the Pendulum
Broken Monsters
Diary of a Mad Old Man

message 44: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1579 comments Thanks Lahni, I will go with Diary of a Mad Old Man as I currently have it on loan from the library.