All About YA discussion

All About YA Member Club > Holiday Traditions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
The holiday season is upon us!

We want to know what you and your loved ones do during the season. What holiday do you celebrate? Do you celebrate more than one holiday? What are some of the things that you do?

Feel free to let us know below so we can all learn a little more about each other.

message 2: by Erin Lynn (new)

My family celebrates Christmas, and for as long as I can remember, everyone has come to my parents' house on Christmas Day for dinner.

My mom has these awesome wooden cutouts of The Peanuts that she puts on our front porch. She also has ones of The Grinch. Oh, and we have a leg lamp from A Christmas Story in our window.

Because we have German ancestry, we do the Christmas Pickle thing. The Christmas pickle is the last ornament that gets placed on the tree, usually on Christmas Eve. The person who finds it wins a prize. The prize is a jar of pickles because we're weird like that.

message 3: by M (new)

M Sykes (msykesbooks) | 3 comments My family normally sets up a Christmas tree together but sometimes we move during the holidays (like this year) we have a small Christmas tree. We typically open presents Christmas morning and always eat steak or spaghetti

message 4: by M (new)

M Sykes (msykesbooks) | 3 comments My family normally sets up a Christmas tree together but sometimes we move during the holidays (like this year) we have a small Christmas tree. We typically open presents Christmas morning and always eat steak or spaghetti

message 5: by Manveer (new)

Manveer (manveerssj4) Alright, So I'm from India.
We Indians love to celebrate and hence have a LOT of festivals spread over the year.
The majority of population following Hinduism, Diwali in November is the biggest festival of the year, comparable to Christmas in other countries. It's pretty much the same thing, actually, exchanging presents, enjoying with family and what not.
Though I was born into the Sikh religion, I'm not much of a religious man. I love to celebrate at almost every occasion, be it Diwali, Christmas or any other festival.

We got Makar Sankranti coming up on 14th Jan.
It's the Kite Flying festival :P
People celebrate, eat stuff, have fun, enjoy and fly kites! :D The sky is full with kites all over the country, there are kite festivals, kite duels and what not!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Easter is coming up. In my family we usually keep it pretty simple, it will probably just be my Mom, Dad, my Brother and his wife. My Sister and Nephew go over to her in-laws, so we may or may not see them. Usually we color eggs for Easter, but I don't think that is happening this year, because my Nephew is now 19 and not all that interested in it.

message 7: by Erin Lynn (new)

We just do ham for Easter dinner. My mom makes potato salad and a bunch of other side dishes, too.

When we were little, we did the whole Easter basket thing and dyed eggs, but we're all adults, and it's silly now.

message 8: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 89 comments My mom still loves to see my brother and I dye eggs. We're both teenagers, but she still persists on making easter baskets for us.