YA LGBT Books discussion

Book Related Banter > Rainbow Awards Young Adult LGBTQ Winners 2015

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (last edited Dec 08, 2015 08:44AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16521 comments Here is the list of winners in the YA categories of the Rainbow Awards announced last night. Congratulations to all the entries and winners, many of whom are author members of this group :)

Best Lesbian Young Adult
1. Come To My Window by Mia Kerick Come To My Window by Mia Kerick
2. Riding the Rainbow by Genta Sebastian Riding the Rainbow by Genta Sebastian
3. Missing Mary by Cricket Watson Missing Mary by Cricket Watson

Best LGBT Non Fiction, Poetry, Visual Arts / Photography #3
Best LGBT Book #2.
and Best Bisexual, Transgender & LGBT Debut
1. Speaking OUT: Queer Youth in Focus by Rachelle Lee Smith Speaking OUT Queer Youth in Focus by Rachelle Lee Smith

Best Gay Young Adult
1. A Scout Is Brave by Jay Jordan Hawke (also #7 Best Gay Book overall) A Scout Is Brave by Jay Jordan Hawke
Runners Up:
2. Carry the Ocean by Heidi Cullinan (Wonderful, but IMO this is NA not YA Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1) by Heidi Cullinan )
3. The Glass House by Suki Fleet The Glass House by Suki Fleet
4. Love Spell by Mia Kerick Love Spell by Mia Kerick
5. Rock by Anyta Sunday Rock by Anyta Sunday

Best Transgender Book
4. A Boy Called Cin by Cecil Wilde A Boy Called Cin by Cecil Wilde

Best Bisexual Book
5. Fox-Hat and Neko by August Li Fox-Hat and Neko by August Li

message 2: by Mia (new)

Mia Kerick | 76 comments So happy to have won and placed in the Rainbow Awards! Come To My Window was a surprise win for me because it wasn't read very widely upon its release. I sincerely hope this Rainbow Award leads to some new readers.

Linda ~ they got the mustard out! ~ (linda2485) | 337 comments Mia wrote: "So happy to have won and placed in the Rainbow Awards! Come To My Window was a surprise win for me because it wasn't read very widely upon its release. I sincerely hope this Rainbow Award leads to ..."

Congrats, Mia. And to all the other winners as well.

message 4: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16521 comments Congrats to all the winners - I hope this does bring more interest for great books.