What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci Fi/Fantasy Woman is Detective/Policeman that Policies Storybooks and Storybook Characters [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amie (new)

Amie Bulman | 3 comments I read a few of the books in this series on audiobooks about 6-7 years ago. The main character is female and she travels from book to book policing/chasing characters that are breaking the law/rules. The villains in the stories are characters that are in the wrong books or characters that are trying to change the story of a book. It is definitely an adult novel. She has a weapon and has shot different characters. I believe that Poe is a recurring theme. I think I remember a portion of the novel talking about the Raven and it being very easy to get lost in Poe's writing. She visits many famous/classic novels. I think I remember her visiting Pride and Prejudice, as well.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by Andy (last edited Dec 08, 2015 10:51AM) (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments Jasper Fforde's The Eyre Affair, I think The Eyre Affair

message 3: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) Drat! Andy beat me too it. Definitely The Eyre Affair. Love that book.

message 4: by Amie (new)

Amie Bulman | 3 comments Thank you! Thank you! I can't wait to start reading this series again.

Solved!

message 5: by Amie (new)

Amie Bulman | 3 comments I am not sure how to shelve this book but it is definitely the book posted.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Amie, congrats on finding your book! It's one of my favorites. I moved your request to the "Adult Fiction-SOLVED" folder (by clicking the "Edit" link beside the topic header - on the desktop website.)