2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Cinder
. Week 48: Same Initials > Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments Just finished this one and I have to admit I thought it was a bit of a letdown. I don't really know what I was expecting, it had some neat ideas but it didn't really incite any emotion in me. I left it kind of neutral.

Did anyone else read this? What were your thoughts?

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments I read Cinder last year and LOVED IT! I am really sorry that you didn't enjoyed so much. When I started to read it I didn't have any expectations at all "A cyborg cinderella? ugh!" I thought, but I read it just because a challenge. The story was terribly predictable. but it was so sweet that I couldn't avoid to love it :-)

message 3: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments That's why I was so surprised! I had seen tons of people gushing over it! At any rate I plan to pick up the next one just to see if it does more for me .

message 4: by Erika (new) - added it

Erika Quinonez | 18 comments I didnt read this particular book for the challenge, but I did read it a few months ago. I love this series! Cinder is my favorite book so far. I wish it could have done more for you! I'm currently at the end of Cress. Scarlet is my least favorite. if you didnt like the first one you may not be too thrilled with the second. Who knows, maybe we'll be opposites and you'll love the second book!

message 5: by Brittany (new) - added it

Brittany (gamerkiti) I've been meaning to get around to reading this book for ages now...and it's actually on my bookshelf at home. I just haven't really felt interested in it, but I've got it listed for next years challenge!!

message 6: by Francesca (new) - added it

Francesca | 391 comments I have the whole series down for my challenge next year. I'm somewhat hesitant because I don't tend to enjoy a lot of YA series' that much as I find a lot of them to be a bit too focused on love interests/love triangles and a bit too samey and predictable for my tastes. However, I've heard a lot of good things about this series and the basic premise has me interested. Plus I love fairy tale re-telling's and adaptations so hopefully that should help to keep my interest and possibly make me enjoy it more.

message 7: by Brittany (new) - added it

Brittany (gamerkiti) I've got the series down too Francesca! (including some of the novellas!) I'm fairly certain a few others have the series listed as well so we should have a really good discussion going next year!!

message 8: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Megan > Ah, nooo, don't tell me it was just ok, I'm trying to push myself to read it :p
Definitely added in my 2016 RC, I hope to see everyone in the discussion next year!

message 9: by Francesca (last edited Dec 10, 2015 07:59AM) (new) - added it

Francesca | 391 comments Ooh, I'm glad I'm not alone then! I kept seeing everyone talking about it and was wondering if I was the last person here to read it. Haha! I have the novella 'Fairest' down on my list too, the rest I may leave until after I finish the series and see how I feel.

Aeron Trahaearn | 23 comments this book series was one of the best YA series i have read in a long time...it had me completely hooked...plus the conclusion to the series was FANtastic!!!

message 11: by Francesca (new) - added it

Francesca | 391 comments mimi wrote: "this book series was one of the best YA series i have read in a long time...it had me completely hooked...plus the conclusion to the series was FANtastic!!!"

Ooh good! I'm looking forward to reading it. Also, I must say, your profile picture is so cute! I love it!

Aeron Trahaearn | 23 comments thx its tessa frm infernal devices

message 13: by Francesca (new) - added it

Francesca | 391 comments Oh right! Did you create it? Her face looks a bit like Anna from Frozen.

Aeron Trahaearn | 23 comments yup! its the same thing just a bit changed XD

message 15: by Francesca (new) - added it

Francesca | 391 comments mimi wrote: "yup! its the same thing just a bit changed XD"

Oh that's really cool. I really like it. I love Anna too! Haha!

Aeron Trahaearn | 23 comments who doesnt!! she's cute and bubbly :P