Authors Looking directly for Readers discussion

FREE books for HONEST reviews > FREE books for Honest Reviews

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B.M.B. (new)

B.M.B. Johnson | 70 comments Mod
Post your books here if you are offering your book for FREE in exchange for a good ol' honest review

message 2: by B.M.B. (new)

B.M.B. Johnson | 70 comments Mod
Melody's eyes met with the Bardo -- and she knew she would never be the same again.

Melody Jackson v. the Woman in White

Although not updated on Goodreads yet, this is a new cleaned up version of the book with a snazzy new cover to boot.

I can provide just about any format you need, and would love some more honest reviews before the sequel shortly comes out...

It all began with a blood-curdling scream in the middle of the night. This spurs on an investigation by Melody Jackson and her family which leads all over Portland. Enlisting the help of Lonnie's friends, Chazz and Malika, the group looks to resolve the mystery of not only the woman in white, but of two mysterious men in a van, and the dreaded Bardo!

BMB

message 3: by Stevie (last edited Dec 07, 2015 10:03PM) (new)

Stevie Turner (stevieturner) | 10 comments The Donor has a sibling rivalry / rockstar theme, and I can provide a pdf copy for anybody who would like to read it and give an honest review. It will be published on December 14th. Currently it has one 5 star rating.

The Donor

message 4: by Gareth (new)

Gareth (gareth_torrance) | 1 comments Valkyria is a "post-post-apocalyptic" Steampunk story, set in a world rebuilt after ours ended. I can give the PDF or Mobi versions to anyone who would like to read it and give it an honest review. :)

Valkyria

"In a world gripped by a cold war where mutated hoards roam the land, the lives of three men from different nations are about to intertwine, starting a chain reaction that could very well ignite the embers of war."

message 5: by John (new)

John Thurlbeck (goodreadscomjohnthurlbeck) Hi Gareth

I'd be delighted to read Valkyria over the Xmas break and give it an honest review. Please send me a Mobi file to wearconsulting@gmail.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can and before the end of the year at the latest.

Kind rgeards

John

message 6: by Tony (last edited Dec 10, 2015 12:34PM) (new)

Tony Reyes | 4 comments I have a self-published book on Amazon and just finished book 2. I would love to get some reviews (both here and Amazon) for the first book, and if you like it maybe the second. I am a television producer in Houston. I write, direct, shoot and edit for the promotion department. I have several screenplays and have produced several short films. I was hired recently to write a biopic screenplay, which was great, but I find I enjoy the freedom of novel writing much more. Enough about me.....to the book.

Waiting for Darkness
Cruz Espinoza, a brilliant young surgeon, has his life ripped from him as he is pulled into the supernatural world of the Darkling. Cruz looks for answers to millennia old questions. Where did the Vampire myth come from? Who gave them these powers? Was there a fall from Grace? He finds the answers - answers that shake his faith.

http://tinyurl.com/hhf4j8l

I have gotten a dozen or so reviews, take a look maybe it will give you some insight into whether it is a good fit for you.

If it sounds like something you would be interested in, I can get a mobi out to you. (Or epub or pdf if you prefer) If you have any questions, ask away.

Thank you for your time,
Tony Reyes
stonekanyonproductions@yahoo.com

message 7: by Jean (new)

Jean Kaczmarek | 6 comments Hi,

ARAKNEA is a fantasy-steampunk-manga story full of giant robots, and magic. http://amzn.to/1m9ZQp7

"When the Enshrine of Fire from Adrion is stolen, Lords Skorpios has no doubt, that Friss, the Fortress-sentinel of the North, is at the heart of this sacrilege.

Isis and Mentor, travelers and mercenaries, find themselves plunged into the heart of a quest which pulls them towards the unspeakable.

Will Isis have enough courage and will to save her life, that of her close relations, and for, maybe, protect the humanity of these Phages which devour her world ?"

I provide you an e-book ( .epub file ) upon request for a honest review.

Araknea - Book 1 by Jean Kaczmarek
Araknea - Book 1

message 8: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Night (OliviaNightAuthor) | 2 comments Seduction in Sierra Leone, The Men of FTI Book OneSeduction In Sierra Leone

mobi, epub or pdf available upon request!

message 9: by Trista (new)

Trista Borgwardt (tristamborgwardt) | 4 comments I have two books in my horror/supernatural series that I would love to send to you for free in exchange for an honest review. I can do .mobi or PDF files, let me know what you prefer. Let me know if you would like the first or second book or both!

1st book- Rabbit's Feet- Tempie is an exceptional high school student with an amazing boyfriend and best friend; a life everyone dreams of having. Living carefree among the sands of Hawaii, she has a compassionate side to rival any other. After a gruesome personal loss, she flees to South Dakota in search of a safe haven.

However, Tempie’s new home is not as she expected. As she settles in, she is intrigued by an alluring stranger and terrorized by a dark and vile fiend. She must fight an emotional internal battle while fighting outwardly with a tenacious enemy.

http://www.amazon.com/Rabbits-Feet-Te...

2nd book- Polarity- Recovering from the devastating discovery of the love of her life's true nature, Tempie feels lost and alone. Visiting her friends in Hawaii help her to gain perspective and make new discoveries into the exclusive world around her.

After reconciling friendships, Tempie befriends a newcomer and realizes that she is not alone in this crazy world. As their friendship grows, a special bond develops leaving her blinded to the truth around her.

Unbeknownst to Tempie, a new and uniquely terrifying danger is lurking too close to home. When the murders begin, she knows she will be forever stuck in this supernatural world. If she makes it through this alive that is....

http://www.amazon.com/Polarity-Tempie...

You can either leave a comment with your email address and what format you would like or you can send me an email at tmb@tristaborgwardt.com.

Thank you,
Trista

message 10: by Mark (new)

Mark Parker | 5 comments I hope you folks are having better luck giving away books than I am. I still have 10 copies of my new middle grade novel, Shaky Man, that I would send to anyone in the US in return for a timely, honest review and rating. Set in a small town outside of Waco, Texas in the 1960's, it is a story of baseball, unexpected friendships, racism, understanding and the things that go through any young boy's mind during times of turbulence. There is even a murder and a trial. So far, it's only received 5 star ratings. School teachers and librarians especially love it for their kids due to the teaching lessons it offers. Just send your mailing address to marksparkerwriter@gmail.com. Thanks, Mark

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina Collins (tcollins44) Mark wrote: "I hope you folks are having better luck giving away books than I am. I still have 10 copies of my new middle grade novel, Shaky Man, that I would send to anyone in the US in return ..."

I'm having problems getting reviews for Sing The Blues. Seems to be a lot harder now than it ever was. So it's a very similar problem to yours. I feel it's one of my better works, so it's disheartening. It's a shame I'm not in the US...

message 12: by Mike (new)

Mike Driver | 5 comments Hi Tina,

I have exactly the same challenge. I also write horror and supernatural fiction, I have a novel and two short story collection currently available. Let me know if you would ever be interested in an honest review swap.
Best wishes,
Mike

message 13: by Iffix (new)

Iffix Santaph | 3 comments My new release, Conspiracy, will be available for free via Kindle this weekend. (December 18-20)
http://www.amazon.com/Conspiracy-Forg...

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina Collins (tcollins44) Mike wrote: "Hi Tina,

I have exactly the same challenge. I also write horror and supernatural fiction, I have a novel and two short story collection currently available. Let me know if you would ever be intere..."

I would definitely be interested in a review swap! A short story collection for another one? Mine is Dark Erotica but there is more horror than erotica. Let me know if you're still okay with this. I have a pdf file to send :)

message 15: by Mike (new)

Mike Driver | 5 comments Hi Tina, I'd be happy to do that. Can you send your pdf to driver.michael@btinternet.com and i'll send you a copy of my pdf by return. Mike

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina Collins (tcollins44) Sure Okay! Will send now :)

message 17: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kate_broderick) | 2 comments I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to get anyone to review Hospital Hill. I'm willing to do a swap as well!

message 18: by Mark (new)

Mark Parker | 5 comments I can say it might help getting interest in your books if you include the Goodreads link (see add book/author above) instead of just typing the book title in your solicitation. That way the reader can quickly find out more about your book before committing to a review or swap. It looks like a long link when you put it in the comment box, but it looks the same when you post it. Shaky Man is still available to anyone in the US who is willing to provide an honest, timely review in return. If I get five takers, I'll be thrilled.

Thanks,
Mark

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura Wolfe | 1 comments I'm looking for more reviews on Amazon and Goodreads for my YA mystery, Trail of SecretsTrail of Secrets (Fire and Ice YA, August 2015).

Here is the back cover blurb:

Spending three weeks of her summer at the elite Foxwoode Riding Academy in northern Michigan should have been one of the happiest times of sixteen year-old Brynlei’s life. But from the moment Brynlei arrives at Foxwoode, she can’t shake the feeling she’s being watched. Then she hears the story of a girl who vanished on a trail ride four years earlier. While the other girls laugh over the story of the dead girl who haunts Foxwoode, Brynlei senses that the girl—or her ghost—may be lurking in the shadows.

Brynlei’s quest to reveal the truth interferes with her plan to keep her head down and win Foxwoode’s coveted “Top Rider” award. To make things worse, someone discovers Brynlei’s search for answers and will go to any length to stop her. As Brynlei begins to unravel the facts surrounding the missing girl’s disappearance, she is faced with an impossible choice. Will she protect a valuable secret? Or save a life?

I can send free digital copies in either .mobi or .ePub formats. Email me at: lawolfe@comcast.net if you're interested. Thanks!

message 20: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Adams (adamnicholes) | 1 comments I'm also looking for readers and book bloggers to read and write an honest review of my debut novel Avenging Angels.

Please read the synopsis before you decide to read my book, and send me a Private Message if you'd like to get a free digital copy.

All the best,

Nicholas Adams

message 21: by Jay (new)

Jay Cutts | 15 comments I've also had trouble getting readers and reviewers. The few people that have offered to read have mostly not posted a review or gotten back to me. If I can find a few who will review, I'll probably ask them to buy the book and I'll pay them back once they've posted a review.

One problem with reviewing each other's books is that Amazon may reject one of the reviews. They seem to be actively blocking bloggers and such mutual review arrangements.

Another problem is that I'm pretty picky about what I like and there are many genres that I just am not going to really enjoy. Wish I had some other ideas for getting reviews.

message 22: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Sedgwick (brendahsedgwick) | 6 comments Not long out. 5* reviews and 99p ebook. Romantic - divorce- humor. I want to give away 10 copies anywhere in the world, but I have to be in the U.K and that will be mid January. It's building, sales steadily. People that read it are highly entertained and love it. It doesn't rely on sex, but on a good original story. An English heroine who travels through France and Spain.

Marriage a Journey and a Dog by Brenda H Sedgwick
http://amzn.to/1NYrQ9L
Reviews on all Amazon outlets and started on Goodreads.

Please keep an eye After January 16 if you would like a chance to receive a signed book for free. I would love to send it to as many different countries as possible.

message 23: by Tina (new)

Tina Collins (tcollins44) Laura wrote: "I'm looking for more reviews on Amazon and Goodreads for my YA mystery, Trail of SecretsTrail of Secrets (Fire and Ice YA, August 2015).

I'm going to email you :) I have a horse blog which your book will fit into nicely!

message 24: by Bonnye Reed (new)

Bonnye Reed (brf1948) | 42 comments Mark wrote: "I hope you folks are having better luck giving away books than I am. I still have 10 copies of my new middle grade novel, Shaky Man, that I would send to anyone in the US in return ..."

I loved Shaky Man - a good book for middle schoolers with an important lesson hidden well.

message 25: by Marcia (last edited Dec 20, 2015 02:27PM) (new)

Marcia Carrington | 1 comments I have two perma-free books on Amazon US, both short stories.

The first, ADAM, MY GUARDIAN ANGEL, is a supernatural fantasy which has a 4.5 star rating from readers:

http://amzn.to/1OTJOJW

My other book is romantic comedy SABRINA'S SURPRISE VISITOR:

http://amzn.to/1ILAMtc

I would appreciate feedback on both books, especially the second, as the first has some reviews already, which have been helpful.

If anyone would like any of my other books to read, I can send copies via Amazon or PDF.

Thank you so much for this opportunity.

message 26: by Mike (new)

Mike Driver | 5 comments Hi, I have five copies of my novel Fall, Leaves, Fall available free and I'm looking for any honest reviews and feedback.

Its a supernatural noir thriller, and its an bit of a throwback to the golden age of 1970's horror that focuses on creeping scares rather than gore and splatter. It has been well received so far so please PM me if it sounds like your kind of book and you would like a free pdf copy.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Thanks for your consideration,
Mike

message 27: by Earle (new)

Earle W. (vanishext) | 7 comments Hi I have copies of my books going cheap on Kindle for the holidays.
The titles are "MY REINCARNATIONS" www.myreincarnations.com and "WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN TRAVELING THROUGH A PORTAL IN TIME?" www.earlehanna.com

message 28: by P.S. (last edited Dec 24, 2015 03:11PM) (new)

P.S. Winn (goodreadscompswinn) | 37 comments I would be happy to either gift a book or send a file to anyone who would like to do reviews, I have 31 books, see them here
P.S. Winn
or on amazon
author.to/PSWinnbooks

message 29: by P.S. (new)

P.S. Winn (goodreadscompswinn) | 37 comments Just a comment, I have found when I just have the books listed for free, I get rid of 1000's a copies, but don't get back many reviews, I think a review swap is best for getting reviews. I write everything, so anyone interested can check out the books and let me know if they are interested. I am one of the 100 top reviewers here on goodreads.
P.S. Winn

message 30: by Bonnye Reed (new)

Bonnye Reed (brf1948) | 42 comments P.S., I would like to read and review A Secret Life of Goats. My email is brf1948 at yahoo dot com and I prefer mobi but can read most anything. Thanks!

message 31: by Jay (new)

Jay Cutts | 15 comments P.S. wrote: "Just a comment, I have found when I just have the books listed for free, I get rid of 1000's a copies, but don't get back many reviews, I think a review swap is best for getting reviews. I write ev..."
I've heard that Amazon is cracking down on mutual reviews, not allowing them. Maybe we could get away with some kind of circle of reviews. For example, there could be five authors, A-E. A could review B's book, B reviews C's book, C reviews D's book, D reviews E's book and E reviews A's book. I suspect Amazon is already looking for triangles of reviews.

message 32: by Jay (new)

Jay Cutts | 15 comments So, fellow authors, here's my proposal. If you're interested in participating in a circle of reviews, contact me by email at orders [at} cuttsreviews d-o-t com. We'll find five us that like each others' books enough to do an honest review and we'll agree on some guidelines to make sure everyone actually gets their book reviewed.

The "circle" avoids (hopefully) Amazon's prohibition on mutual reviews. For example, there could be five authors, A-E. A could review B's book, B reviews C's book, C reviews D's book, D reviews E's book and E reviews A's book.

message 33: by P.S. (new)

P.S. Winn (goodreadscompswinn) | 37 comments The Hubby's Comic Book Golden Years 2 will be FREE the 27th thru the 29th, It needs reviews, humorous illustrations about growing old.
Hope you will grab it!
http://www.amazon.com/Golden-Years-2-...
Golden Years 2

message 34: by Lily (new)

Lily Callahan (Lily_Callahan) | 2 comments Reviews welcome on Christmas is for Bad Girls. Now free at Kindle, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Smashwords and other retailers through January 1.

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Bad-G...

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a novella available on Amazon, but am willing to give away free copies in exchange for honest reviews. The book is Love and Self Discovery. If you are interested in reading and writing a review for my book please message me. Also, I can send the book via email in any format you'd like.

Thanks

message 36: by Rita (new)

Rita Ames | 7 comments Silver In The Moonlight - A Paranormal Vampire Duet - launch Jan2016

Two Novellas by two Authors - Rita Ames - Shadow In The Moonlight and Raven Delehanty - Drunk on Silver. 18+.

If anyone would like to read and review for us on Goodreads and Amazon the please email rdm_author@outlook.com - Title - SITM REVIEW

PDF copy only available (sorry)

message 37: by Tina (new)

Tina Collins (tcollins44) Laura wrote: "I'm looking for more reviews on Amazon and Goodreads for my YA mystery, Trail of SecretsTrail of Secrets (Fire and Ice YA, August 2015).

Here is the back cover blurb:

Spending th..."

Hi Laura :)

I've completed your review. I'm adding it to Goodreads, Amazon and my blog now. Also wherever I can find it.

message 38: by Mila (new)

Mila Rossi (milarossi) | 2 comments Hi all,

Below is the blurb of my latest contemporary romance novella. If you'd like to read/review it on Goodreads/Amazon, e-mail me at mila@milarossi.com.

Thank you!

Mila Rossi

Change of Plans
Sarah Thompson is a twenty-five year old girl on a mission: go to her friend’s office party, find an attractive guy and lose her virginity. When she meets rough and rugged Jason Hendricks, she knows she’s found her one-night-stand.

Jason knows about MMA fights and boxing. He doesn’t know jack about virgins and wants to keep it that way. When Sarah turns out to be just that instead of the experienced vixen she led him to believe, he’s in for the shock of his life.

Trying to move on from their disastrous night is easier said than done, as Jason’s guilty conscience can’t let the sweet, brown-eyed girl go. Determined to show her a good time, he tries to convince her that a redo of their time together is a must. Sarah is tempted, but can she stick to her promise and give in only to lust, or will she fall for the brooding fighter?

message 39: by Alex (new)

Alex Lawson (alexlawsonauthor) | 4 comments Hi all,

I am a first time novelist and looking for some good honest review on my book.

'Journals of a Psychopath' is an epic tale about one mans psychotic mind and his belief in the trees that leads him on a dark journey to despair, delusion and the destruction of those around him. Charming yet brutal, Clarkson Samuel's endless search for slivery blonde haired ladies is chilling for the reader to comprehend such a mind set.

If you are interested I can send you a PDF via email in exchange for a review on Amazon and Goodreads.

Many thanks! And best wishes, Alex :-)

message 40: by Anna (new)

Anna Castiglioni (annacastiglioni) | 3 comments The Healing Harp is a story of a teenage orphan whose sole comfort is playing her harp. She is eventually adopted by a couple. It's a story of friendship, family, and music. Currently on Amazon (no reviews), and linked to my author profile. I'll give a free PDF for reviews. I'd really like some opinions what's good, what needs work. I may decide to re-write it (not plot-wise, but better writing in general). Thanks.

message 41: by Saleh (new)

Saleh Radaideh (salehmradaideh) | 6 comments Hello,

I would love a review for my novel in verse titled Yaser and Yasmeen. It's a story about love, seeking happiness, appealing to the world's sadness, music, heaven and hell. If you want a free pdf in exchange for a review, please provide me with your email so I can send the pdf. My book info can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017...

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Saleh

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Steel | 7 comments I'm looking for reviewers for two of my short novels.

After the zombies

Captivated

Send me a message and let me know which one interests you and I'll arrange for you to get a eBook copy on Smashwords

message 43: by L.N. (new)

L.N. Denison | 12 comments Hi, I'm looking for reviewers for my Debut novel, Going Underground. It is free on Smashwords in all formats. Please find the link below:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

I would love to know what you think =)

All the best,

L. N

message 44: by Jean (new)

Jean Kaczmarek | 6 comments What a good idea !

May I post about my novel ARAKNEA too ?
http://araknea.com/

message 45: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Steel | 7 comments Maybe I'm missing something that's right in front of my face, but I don't see anywhere to post asking for reviews.

Dave wrote: "Amanda wrote: "I'm looking for reviewers for two of my short novels.

After the zombies

Captivated

Send me a message and let me know which one interests you and I'..."

message 46: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Steel | 7 comments I also have a short story which is free to all and reviews are appreciated in return.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

This short story is a dark comedy about a group of women who tire of men playing head games with them and making them feel like they're the crazy ones. They decide to team together and acting on behalf of all wrong women, they exact revenge on men who they judge to be in the wrong and show them what a crazy bitch really looks like. Alison is one woman who feels like she has been used by a man and she hires the female vigilantes.