Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > Book II Cover Reveal

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) Here's the completed cover for the second novel in my Eve of Redemption series, "White Serpent, Black Dragon." Curious what peoples' thoughts are; my artist tried to keep the same relative perspective and theme as the cover of Salvation's Dawn.

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Hi Joe. The art is lovely and definitely eye catching.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Capes | 90 comments I like it too, yeah - great match from Book 1 and the pose is really dynamic, catches my eye :)

Is that the final colour scheme? Great contrast with the first book but would another colour in there also work?

message 4: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Bower | 37 comments I had the exact same thought as Ashley. The new cover is great, but in comparison to the first cover, it needs another colour aside from purple. The first cover is a combination of 2-3 colours, whereas the second cover is monochromatic. It might feel more homogeneous if the second cover was multi-coloured too. Maybe an orangey burst of light in the corner like on the first cover, to keep them uniform? Just a thought...

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) It's a night-time fight during a thunderstorm, so I thought the monochromatic scheme worked very well for what I had envisioned. The third cover will be more colorful like the first, but this one I sort of pigeon-holed my artist into going monochromatic or close to it.

What do folks think of the blurb?

message 6: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 74 comments The cover looks very good. I would consider using a different font for the author name but using the same font as the title can give a classic look to the book. I'd place the author name a little bit higher to make it more prominent. I'd also set the title a little bit lower.

message 7: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Bower | 37 comments I'm not familiar with your genre at all, so I can't really comment on the blurb with confidence. I will say it reads well and invites the reader into the story, so... good!

message 8: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) Incidentally, Kindle Scout doesn't allow covers that depict sexual or violent content, or sometimes even just weapons suggesting violence. Food for thought for others considering the program. Maybe I can try with Book III.

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Capes | 90 comments Joe wrote: "It's a night-time fight during a thunderstorm, so I thought the monochromatic scheme worked very well for what I had envisioned."

Cool, yeah - like that frozen moment in a flash of lightning :)

message 10: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 32 comments It's look great. You can almost see movement.

message 11: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) Ashley wrote: "Cool, yeah - like that frozen moment in a flash of lightning :) "

Exactly! I know I really limited my artist with this one, but there is a point in the book that readers will get to and go "OMG, that's the cover image right there!" That's the effect I was going for. :)