Perustopia Book Club discussion

When ur favourite character dies!!!!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (last edited Dec 07, 2015 05:49PM) (new)

Allison | 57 comments For the sake of no spoilers I won't list names. I break down anytime a Cassandra Clare character dies! I balled when a TFIOS character died. I always read the section where they die over and over again, I think because I am hoping I read it wrong and I will see that it was just a bad dream...

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison | 57 comments Its the Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Such an amazing book but so sad!!!

message 3: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) I used to read a lot of classic greek and Shakespeare tragedies, so I can handle favorite characters dying, but it does feel like a loss of a friend. Its hard for a day or so and I can't move onto a new book till the story has marinated in my mind. It usually helps the blow if the story has a good epilogue.

Its actually harder for me to handle when my favie characters have some horrific things happen to them. One of my favorite authors writes heroes with really heartbreaking back stories. Idk how I have made it through a few of them, but the worse the back story, the more amazing the HEA is. But some of them have put me in book comas for a few weeks. The awesome thing about this author is she always updates you on these characters and how wonderful their lives are now. Its the best feels!!

message 4: by Ana (new)

Ana (404-equivalent) It might be appropriate to mark spoilers in < spoiler> < /spoiler> without the spaces.

message 5: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Passionist wrote: "I thought that it was unfair for teresa to die, there was more things to say about this. But yeah. I'm not sad, I was sad when I end the book but now I'm still sad.

I couldn't handle newt dying ..."

THANKS FOR SPOILERING YOU DUMBASS
I didnt know that.
there is a possibility for marking your spoilers!!!

message 6: by Aislin (new)

Aislin Brunt When my favorite character dies in a book... I cry...seriously I do. I sob my little brown eyes out, you'd think my favorite aunt died or something.... and it never fails that it happens in a public place, like my favorite coffee shop or in the lunch room at work.
After that I sometimes get mad to... so I'm sobbing/mad. Not my pretty face LOL

message 7: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Crisp (georgiaschamberofbooks) | 3 comments OMG! I hate when people do that! When I was reading Carry On someone put a spoiler in the non-spoiler review bit and I WAS SO MAD! I still loved the book but it took away the whole twist because I knew what was coming :(

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (itzcatlynn) | 18 comments When a certain red head dies in Harry Potter. I cried!!!

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex | 14 comments Omg I just realized nobody has died (only suffered extremely ) in the books I have read

message 10: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Crisp (georgiaschamberofbooks) | 3 comments Lucky!!

message 11: by Andrew (last edited Dec 10, 2015 06:30PM) (new)

Andrew | 5 comments Alex wrote: "Omg I just realized nobody has died (only suffered extremely ) in the books I have read"

Alex, how is that even possible? You are so very lucky... i mean not including the whole 'only suffered extremely' bit...
Haha. Have a great day, Alex. And I hope you never have to suffer through a favorite character's death. May the books be ever in your favor.

message 12: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth Schmidt Clockwork Princess, it killed me inside and made me cry hystericly while reading the last chapters.