What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Children's book, large family lives in the country

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Goldman | 5 comments Hello all,

I remember pretty much nothing about this book series and so am not hopeful that the answer will be found. I went back to my school library in the hopes of finding it but they seem to have been removed (which makes sense, as I read them so long ago, so the books have probably fallen apart by now).

It was a book series, with three or more in the series. I read them in 2002-2005. They were for children and as such weren't long books.

I have no idea who the author was, nor what the name was.

The books surrounded a family that had several children (I think) and this family lived out in the country. Their neighbours also had children and there was something to do with a bridge, I think they had to cross a bridge to get to each other or something along those lines. All of the children would meet up and have great adventures in the countryside.

That is literally all that I can remember of it, which is super vague! So I'm sorry if it's inappropriate of me to post this here because to be honest I doubt anyone can come up with what it was, but this is my last hope. Sorry for being so vague.

message 2: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 710 comments Shot in the dark, but The Boys Start the War (and subsequent books)? Not everything lines up, but there's a bridge (chocolate chiffon cake, pretending to be dead, etc.) and two families, each with a bunch of kids.

message 3: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments Any memory of whether it seemed new when you read it? There are some older books like that, such as The Children of Noisy Village.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Katie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Katie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.