Real Christian discussion

Devotionals > Guide to Devotional Subjects:

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
Here I will post all the subjects we have done in the devotion topics ((:

message 2: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (last edited Dec 07, 2015 03:23PM) (new)

Started September 1st, 2015

For the month of September 2015:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

First week of September - "Letting Love Guide." (Watching what we say and do.)
Second week of Septemeber - "Prayer CHANGES Things!" (Prayer)
Third week of September - "Abandoning That Which is
Behind." (Letting the Lord change who we are to please Him, Week 1)
Fourth week of September: "Abandoning that Which is Behind" (Letting the Lord change who we are to please Him, Week 2)

Credit to the volunteers:
*Matt
*Zechariah
*Halee
*Lee-Lette
*Charles
*Elizabeth
*Grayson
*Caitlyn (CWho)
And all the others who read and commented (((:
God bless <3

message 3: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (last edited Dec 07, 2015 03:12PM) (new)

For the month of October 2015:

First week of October: "Our Eyes Wait Upon Thee!" (Praise)
Second week of October: "Grace- The Empowerment to Do Good!" (Grace)
Third week of October: "Old Testament Greats" (Old Testament Characters, Week 1)
Fourth week of October: "Old Testament: Hall of Faith" (Old Testament Characters, Week 2)

*Matt
*Tamara
*Caitlyn (CWho)
*Zechariah
*Lee-Lette
*Emilia
And a big thanks to all then ones who read and commented <3 God bless (:

message 4: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

For the month of November 2015:

First week of November: "The Hopeful Countenance" (Hope)
Second week of November: "New Testament Heroes" (New Testament Characters, Week 1)
Third week of November: "New Testament: Hall of Faith" (New Testament Characters, Week 2)
Fourth week of November: "To Give Thanks for the..." (Giving Thanks)

*Matt
*Zechariah
*Tamara
*Emilia
*Lee-Lette
*Gabriela
*Caitlyn (Cwho)
*Karis
*Samantha

And all the others who read and commented!!! God bless <3

message 5: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments I'm an aspiring Devotion writer, is it ok if I share my devotions with all of you? :)

message 6: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) We have a topic where you can volunteer for next months devotions. We do it so everbody gets a day and has a certain topic to write about. :)

message 7: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Tamara wrote: "We have a topic where you can volunteer for next months devotions. We do it so everbody gets a day and has a certain topic to write about. :)"

Ok :)

message 8: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) ;)

message 9: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Tamara wrote: ";)"

Lol

message 10: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw. I'm so sorry I just saw this!!! It would be just wonderful to have you write devotions with us ;)))))
However, sadly I've already set some for this month. But, I actually needed to exchange some people. Would you be up for it February? So sorry again!!

message 11: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Aw. I'm so sorry I just saw this!!! It would be just wonderful to have you write devotions with us ;)))))
However, sadly I've already set some for this month. But, I actually needed to exchange som..."

It's ok! Of course I'd be willing to put out my devotions in February :)

message 12: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Thank you ((:
But apparently, Danny gave the Friday devotions to you now? Haha. Would you want to start now?

message 13: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Thank you ((:
But apparently, Danny gave the Friday devotions to you now? Haha. Would you want to start now?"

Hmm.. do I have time to think about it? And then I'll message you my final decision lol.

message 14: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Okay! That's good! Just let me know as soon as possible ;) Nobody has Friday's devotion xP But you can think about it (;

message 15: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Okay! That's good! Just let me know as soon as possible ;) Nobody has Friday's devotion xP But you can think about it (;"

Ok ;)

message 16: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

((:

message 17: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

For the month of December 2015: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

First week of December: : "A Virtue Often Misunderstood: Understanding."
Second week of December: "Dare We Doubt?"
Third week of December: "What is True in Beauty?"
Fourth week of December: "Jesus: He is!"
Fifth and final week of December: "Life: Are You Living?"

Credit to the Volunteers:

*Matt
*Tamara
*Karis (who really brought the enthusiasm ;))
* Lee
*Emily
*Danny
*Gabriela

And anyone who read these devotions!
Godspeed to you all <3

message 18: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

For the first month of 2016: January 2016: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

First week of January: "Four NEW Resolutions for LIFE!!"
Second week of January: "Life, At It's Best, Is Hard!" (Life and troubles)
Third week of January: “A Needed Discussion: How Dating and Marriage Fits Into God’s Plan!”
Fourth and final week of January: "Happily Lonely!? Finding What God Wants Within The Silence of Life!"

Credit to The Volunteers:

*Matt
*Tamara
*Emily
*Gabriela
*Lee
*Elvina (for being so awesome and thoughtful through this month :))

A big handclaps to you all for doing this!! It really makes my day every time I see y'all post a thought or devotion. Its good to know I'm not alone, and that God still works!! You are all such a blessing I could never thank you for <3

Another year here we come <3

With God always †

message 19: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

I am praying, Amanda! † Jeremiah 17:14 - Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou [art] my praise.

message 20: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

You are absolutely welcome! (: Aw, that sounds so terrible! ): Did she go to the doctor?
Definitely good to look at the bright side!

message 21: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Mary Kate wrote: "You are absolutely welcome! (: Aw, that sounds so terrible! ): Did she go to the doctor?
Definitely good to look at the bright side!"

Are you back??!! :O

message 22: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

*Tackle hugs!* Hey Urs!! :D Actually... I'm not "technically" back. ): I wish I could say I was. I just got an email from this topic, and felt I should reply. (; I'll be back soon though! Praying by the end of Summer! :D How are you my friend? Am I missed? ;P

message 23: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Sorry to butt in here, but of course you're missed, dear girl!!! Can't wait to have you back here!

message 24: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aws! Thanks JJ! xD That made my day! I can't wait to be back here with y'all awesome folks! You all have taken such brilliant care of the group! <3

message 25: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Mary Kate wrote: "*Tackle hugs!* Hey Urs!! :D Actually... I'm not "technically" back. ): I wish I could say I was. I just got an email from this topic, and felt I should reply. (; I'll be back soon though! Praying b..."

Hey, Precious! *tacklehugs* *not letting go*
I am... doing. SO much! It's too much to write out here, so when I get a moment, I will write you an e-mail to let you know what has been happening, and I should have already asked you for help with prayer. In fact, I should have already sent Aery, Lee, and Karis an explanation letter, too. :/ They have been really sweet, and Aery has done a most wonderful job at keeping things going. Bless her. Karis has encouraged me with book recommendations, and sweet Lee has sent me notes of encouragement. You left us in some great hands. ;) I have just been a slacker, and I am sorry, but once I explain things, I am hoping that they, and you, will understand and be forgiving. ♥︎

You ARE missed! Muchly! *still huggling* You are in my heart and prayers, and I am hoping to hear from you, when you can, what has been going on in your life. :)

Take care! Love you!
Urs x)

message 26: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

- Urs
Aws! :D Sounds like you are busy girl! :\ I would just love an email! I don't know why I haven't emailed you lately, in fact. I've missed talking with you. No worries about that at all my friend! I know we all understand that; life is crazy. I'm praying for you! <3

Aws! I'm so glad to hear that!! They are of a surety a grand blessing! I know the group wouldn't have made it without y'all! And when I say y'all, I do mean you too! (; I know you said you've been a slacker, but all the times I check in, you're always helping out with something! You're definitely not a slacker. You've been such a blessing! I am so thankful for you all! <3

Aw, thanks Urs! You always encourage me! I will sure send an email (I can always talk up a storm, of course!) Hehe! You take care of yourself, okay? You always balance so much. You're a blessing--never forget it! Love you too! Will be praying for you! (:
I can't wait till I can get some more confetti and return! ;P

message 27: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

- Amanda
Oh my! It sounds like she went through a lot! ): I'm so glad to hear it girl! :D That's great news! Keep us updated on her full recovery. We'll keep you all in prayers! †