BookExpo America discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BEA Archives > Looking for a YA book buddy at BEA 2016

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laure (new)

Laure Dombrecht | 9 comments Hi all!

This will be my first time at BEA this year and I'm still looking for someone who loves YA and is flying solo and would like to form a team! Let me know if you want more info so we can get to know each other!

Cheers!
Laure

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose | 9 comments I'm going to BEA solo too. It'll be my first BEA and I'm into YA. Send me a message :)

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Kiplinger (sarakip) I'll be there by myself!

message 4: by Rossie (new)

Rossie (rosy_16) My friend just cancelled on our trip so I'll be going solo! It's my first time going to BEA too!

Mel (Abookishaddiction) Ruiz (poipulemelons) | 19 comments I'll be there with my mom! We are both obsessed with YA!!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (nosegraze) | 23 comments I'm a YA fan! :)

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) | 94 comments Rossie wrote: "My friend just cancelled on our trip so I'll be going solo! It's my first time going to BEA too!"

I went by myself the first year and all the years I have gone.

You do meet other bloggers as the years go on, but I was ok alone. Everyone usually goes his/her separate ways. :)

message 8: by Laure (new)

Laure Dombrecht | 9 comments Maybe we can get together to eat something in the evenings? I'm just worried that I'll begin to feel lonely after a long day at BEA :)

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) | 94 comments Laure wrote: "Maybe we can get together to eat something in the evenings? I'm just worried that I'll begin to feel lonely after a long day at BEA :)"

I am sure you will find someone. I am not going this year.

Just strike up a conversation with someone in line. :)

message 10: by Amber (last edited Apr 20, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 9 comments Laure wrote: "Maybe we can get together to eat something in the evenings? I'm just worried that I'll begin to feel lonely after a long day at BEA :)"

There's a blogger dinner going on made by Octavia of Read Sleep Repeat and Whitley of Reading With A Vengeance,

http://www.readsleeprepeat.org/2016/0...

I'm sure you could tag along.

message 11: by Laure (new)

Laure Dombrecht | 9 comments Amber wrote: "Laure wrote: "Maybe we can get together to eat something in the evenings? I'm just worried that I'll begin to feel lonely after a long day at BEA :)"

There's a blogger dinner going on made by Oct..."

Thank you so much for this! :)

message 12: by Rossie (new)

Rossie (rosy_16) Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews wrote: " I went by myself the first year and all the years I have gone.

You do meet other b..."

Thanks! I'm really excited to be going this year!

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 9 comments I'm wanting a riding buddy of sort, haha. For the rides to BEA in the morning. If anyone would be interested.

I'm staying over on Halsted St. and have been trying to find someone to split cab/uber fare with. I don't have a smart phone so I can't do uber alone.

We could meet at a cafe on the street, if anyone else is staying in the same area and was interested.

message 14: by ☆∞Love (new)

☆∞Love Frances∞☆ (literaryfollies) | 17 comments I've been pretty much going alone since I started going a few years back. I do meet a few people while in line & last year I buddied up with a really cool girl and we were able to get quite a few books together with each other's help. I'm going to be staying on the southside of Chicago in Airbnb. But I'm scared that I'm going to get lonely. And shy so it's hard for me to be like hey peoples let me join your already formed group of friends. Yeah. LOL I would love to find a like minded spirit to hang with on Sunday. I've been dying to go to Navy pier and ride the huge Ferris wheel at night. Maybe go to Willis Tower and do the "glass balcony" 103 stories above this city .

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.