After You (Me Before You, #2) After You discussion

Will this be a trilogy?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kerry Do you think there will be a third book in this series?

Maria I hope so. It left me feeling like this story wasn't done.

Carla J There better be another one!

Deniece Charlotte it's going to be hard to top. But i would love to see a prequel, like the life of Will and Louisa before they met. Maybe, they've stumbled upon each other during their younger years. They would clearly have very different personalities then.

Lesley Book Lover Kerry wrote: "Do you think there will be a third book in this series?"

I hope so, and I agree with Maria, I didn't feel the story had finished, there seemed to be a lot more to come from Louisa and Sams relationship. Also, what happens in New York, after New York, and then there is Lily too. I just felt at the end of the book, I wanted more, and it certainly left it open for the author to do another book.

Angie I hope so and I certainly got the feeling at the end of the book that there was more to the story.

Laura Hopefully not! The second one wasn't really necessary.

message 8: by Beth S. (new) - added it

Beth S. I hope not for the author's sake. She needs to move on to another story. The first book was so good, I was disappointed in the second. She is a good writer and I have read another one of her books, and will read more.

Maria Beth wrote: "I hope not for the author's sake. She needs to move on to another story. The first book was so good, I was disappointed in the second. She is a good writer and I have read another one of her books,..."

I actually liked the second one better. I was so depressed with the first one. It was good, but I needed a happy ending. The second one was completely different but still left me feeling like it the story wasn't over.

Natasha I don't see the need for another book. Although I would love it, there's not much more that can happen between Sam and Lou that wouldn't be repetitive or worth a whole book.

message 11: by Hans (new) - rated it 2 stars

Hans de Jong There should be a third book, to make up for the second one.

Chloe (Paint and Butterflies Books) I hope not, I think all the story has been told now.

Derek I definitely could go for one more round with these fantastic characters.

Julieta Tobon When I read the first book, I thought. how is possible that she made a second part. But then, after I finished the second book, I loved that much, that I just want to know more about her new life, her new job and her new relationship with Sam.
By the way, Sam is awesome!!!

Gretchen I just finished the second book and while it was underwhelming compared to the first. I enjoy the character of Louisa and would like to continue to follow her journey. After all true to life we often may have an extreme experience followed by completely normal life.

Lorrie I read #2 but not #1. #2 was good although I think I'm satisfied stopping there. I did like it that I was brought up to date in #2 and didn't feel like I missed anything. I'm sure glad Lily found a loving & understanding new family. Even though Louisa enabled this.

Mollie There should be a third. I need an ending here. Always did like Nathan. ;)

Slava I hope so. I wonder what will happen with Lou when she is finally out of her comfort zone in New York.

message 19: by Maryann (new) - added it

Maryann Laura wrote: "Hopefully not! The second one wasn't really necessary."

I agree

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i hope the story ends here, since it did not end with the first book. i feel that most of us who were disappointed with this book were so because how invested we became with 'me before you,' that it would be near impossible to recapture that magic. yes, people as invested in the first one were also into the second, but i am not here to be their advocate. lou lost that captivating quality that we hoped she'd continue with at the end of the first book. the possibility of becoming paralyzed was eye-rollingly awful. the most important reason i hope it ends is if it doesn't i know i for one will still read it and getting through the second was a bit of a chore.

Laura The magic of the story was in the first book. Even though there is a lot more to say about these characters I think the first book was the best and the second one was okay. The second book took a whole other turn on the story, but it was interesting. A third book would change the magic of the story even more than the second one already did and I thus think that the story has had its peak and that a third book would not be necessary

Rohin Prince there should be third part of the story.. something about the story tells me it started with two people and it ended with the third person whose presence fills the void of the one lost in the first part.but first book had the magic of its on and the second was a just a good story i was amazed with the first part and disappointed with second as a reader but i wish the third part may kindle the magic of love..

Malak Nah, too much

message 24: by Gay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gay Weusten I just finished the second one last night and I don't think there needs to be a third one. I loved the first one but didn't really see the need for the second one and didn't enjoy it or get into it as much. I think these characters have done their dash and I would love to see the author develop some new characters and storylines

OluwaToyin Gay wrote: "I just finished the second one last night and I don't think there needs to be a third one. I loved the first one but didn't really see the need for the second one and didn't enjoy it or get into it..."

True, they don't need to do anything anymore, it would ruin the story

Mollie There's a third in the making. Still Me by Jojo Moyes

Thiery Hurrah !

message 28: by Sam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sam I felt the first one did its job. When I read the second one, I felt that Louisa was a completely different character. It is understandable, knowing what she went through, to change a little bit, but I just felt that the second one was just not needed.

message 29: by Ritienne Saliba (last edited Jul 04, 2018 12:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ritienne Saliba Maria wrote: "Beth wrote: "I hope not for the author's sake. She needs to move on to another story. The first book was so good, I was disappointed in the second. She is a good writer and I have read another one ..."

I'm not sure I would read a third book - even the second one stretched the plot more than it should have been stretched. Big contrast from the first book

Ritienne Saliba Oluwatoyin wrote: "Gay wrote: "I just finished the second one last night and I don't think there needs to be a third one. I loved the first one but didn't really see the need for the second one and didn't enjoy it or..."

I totally agree! The last hundred or so pages were dragging