What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Middle Grade Fantasy with magic book and odd narator [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carter (new)

Carter Looking for a book I read years ago. Something happened like a professor at a school misplaced a magic book he had and it fell into the hands of one of his students. It allowed them to do al sorts of magical things (I think it might have altered reality also). Narrator is completely separate from main cast. At one point the main cast finds the narrator and *spoiler* he shows that he is a chronicler of sorts and has been watching them throughout the book. They have a brief discussion over what he records and sees. The main villain also had these magic tattoos she used at the end. *end spoiler* I can't remember the age of the cast, but I think they were in middle or high school.

Thanks a bunch!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wig (elizabethwig) | 32 comments Could this be Simon Bloom, the Gravity Keeper by Michael Reisman? He finds a magic book of physics, does find his narrator (In a bathrobe, no less!) and fights a villain who is wearing tattoos and uses them to fuel her magic

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Link for Elizabeth's suggestion - Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper by Michael Reisman.

message 4: by Carter (new)

Carter Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the one. Thanks!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael Reisman (other topics)