Perustopia Book Club discussion

Anyone use Audible?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sofia Kathryn Coon | 22 comments Hi all -- considering getting myself an audible subscription as my christmas present to myself this year. Anyone use /like/love/hate it? I've discovered listening to a book in my car while I have 1-2 others going on my kindle at a time.

I was thinking I would do the annual subscription, which makes the 12 credits cheaper thank paying monthly (and you get them up front).

Thanks for any insight!

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimscarecrow) | 34 comments I have audible and I LOVE it. I had never listened to an audiobook until I tried Audible. So far, I've been doing fairly well with the audiobooks I've been trying. I will say you might want to do some research into what audiobooks you want to get. The chapters for audiobooks are not always broken up the same way chapters in a physical book are. Personally, that annoys me. That's what I have to deal with in the book I'm listening to now. Definitely a big fan of Audible though. Plus, they just got the Harry Potter books.

message 3: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 41 comments Love it they have different plans to choose from. I like to use it to read along if i have the book available it gets me to read the book faster. And the price are reasonable they have huge discounts if you have kindle.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (theatreloverslittlebooknook) I know Sasha does

SHARLENE (MyBookishBehaviour)  (mybookishbehaviour) I do but I find it hard to pick books on it because the narrators voice is important to me

message 6: by Lily (new)

Lily Ortiz (lily_zitro) I use it. I love audio books. But I do think that the subscription fee is a bit steep though..

message 7: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 41 comments it depends on how you look at it. the books themselves are expensive, but the fee is way cheaper than your audiobook. I guess it's math and perspective