The Ocelot Clubhouse discussion

Persuasion
This topic is about Persuasion
Books 8+ > Persuasion - WITH SPOILERS!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Classic Alice (ClassicAlice) | 24 comments Mod
If you've finished the book or have read it before, here's the place to discuss the whole thing!

Anita (theanitaalvarez) | 3 comments This is one of my favorites Austen! (Right up there with Pride and Prejudice). I love how the narrator shows the bad parts of the characters with such elegant irony and without going out of the way to show why they're terrible. I mean, there's no way you can think Sir Walter is anything but a snobbish pig, despite the narration never saying it straight away. He's SHOWN to be a snobbish pig in a wonderful way.

Kellie (kburdg) So, this is one of my favorite books. I'm curious to see how the storyline will play out in Alice's world.

From what we've seen so far, it seems that recital that Alice is doing with Cara and Lily equates to the concert towards the end of the novel. I'm kind of thinking Cara and Lily are like Henrietta and Louisa, except they're more adorable and less annoying. ;) In the book, Henrietta and Louisa encourage Anne to play piano for them, and now Cara and Lily persuaded Alice to help them with the recital.

Kellie (kburdg) I enjoyed the scene in episode #109, which echoed the scene where Anne keeps getting bothered by one of Mary's kids and Wentworth picks him up, with Andrew taking Eppie away from bothering Alice while she was trying to work. Also, just the general awkwardness of Alice and Andrew being alone in a room together felt very true to the novel as well.

Kate Welsh (felicitydisco) | 19 comments Kellie wrote: "I enjoyed the scene in episode #109, which echoed the scene where Anne keeps getting bothered by one of Mary's kids and Wentworth picks him up, with Andrew taking Eppie away from bothering Alice wh..."

Agreed!! I loved that book reference (and obviously it's always fun to see Eppie).

But what do you think Alice is being "persuaded" to do?? Hmmmmm. Curious to see where that part goes.