Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

2016 Plans > Alexxy's 2016 Reading Plan

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexxy (last edited Nov 25, 2016 09:38AM) (new)

Alexxy | 87 comments Some books may change due to some problems but hopefully, this is the plan:

1. A book you meant to read in 2015, but didn't Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1) by C.S. Pacat *****
2. A book set in a different continent The Color Purple by Alice Walker ***
3. A book from the Goodreads Choice Awards 2015 (winner or nominated) Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard **
4. A book by an author you discovered in 2015 Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman ***
5. A book with a title beginning with the 1st letter of your name An Abundance of Katherines by John Green ***
6. The highest rated on your TBR The Girl with Ghost Eyes (Xian Li-lin, #1) by M.H. Boroson DNF at 23%
7. A book about books The Book Thief by Markus Zusak ****
8. A classic book with less than 200 pages The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald **
9. A book that was mentioned in another book The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger ***
10. A book by an author you feel you should have read by now Hamlet by William Shakespeare ***
11. A book from the Rory Gilmore challenge Carrie by Stephen King ***
12. A childhood classic Charlotte's Web by E.B. White ***
13. Reader’s Choice Lucky by Alice Sebold ****
14. A book with one of the five W’s -or H in the title (Who/What/Where/When/Why/How) When Marnie Was There by Joan G. Robinson ***
15. A book set in the past (more than 100 years ago) Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare *****
16. A book from the top 100 mystery novels Dracula by Bram Stoker
17. A book with a beautiful cover Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell **
18. A book on a summer/beach reading list Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf DNF
19. A non-fiction book What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe ****
20. A book with a first name in the title The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno **
21. A book from the Goodreads Recommendations page Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver **
22. The first book in a new to you series A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas ****
23. The next book in a series you are reading The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater ****
24. A "between the numbers" book of a series (0.5, 1,5, 2.5, etc.) The Darke Toad (Septimus Heap, #1.5) by Angie Sage DNF at 25%
25. A book whose main character is in a profession that interests you Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) by Agatha Christie
26. A book everyone is talking about Go Set a Watchman (To Kill A Mockingbird #2) by Harper Lee
27. A book with a beautiful title (in your own opinion) The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu ***
28. A biography, autobiography, or memoir Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris DNF
29. A book by an author who writes under more than one name The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith ***
30. A fairytale from a culture other than your own Beauty and the Beast by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont **
31. A work of young adult fiction Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas ****
32. A historical fiction book Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden ****
33. The 16th book on your TBR Memory Wall by Anthony Doerr
34. A book about mental illness Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson ***
35. An award-winning book All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven ****
36. An identity book - a book about a different culture, religion or sexual orientation George by Alex Gino
37. A book that you've seen the movie of but haven't read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
38. A book about an anti-hero V for Vendetta by Alan Moore ****
39. A previous suggestion that did not make it into the list Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1) by Sherry D. Ficklin ***
40. A novella from your favorite genre Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer ***
41. A book about a major world event (fiction or non-fiction) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
42. A top 100 fantasy novel Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury **
43. A book about a thing that goes bump in the night House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (I'm actually very afraid of reading this one...) DNF
44. A book you're embarrassed to read in public In Flight (Up in the Air, #1) by R.K. Lilley **
45. A book related to a hobby or passion you have Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes #2) by Anthony Horowitz ***
46. A crime story Columbine by Dave Cullen
47. A book with a type of food/drink in the title A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
48. A dystopia The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black ***
49. A book with a great opening line Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
50. A book originally written in a language other than English رویای باغ سپید(داستانی درباره سپنتامینو) by Arman Arian ***
51. A short story from a well-known author The Metamorphosis (Bantam Classics) by Franz Kafka ***
52. A book published in 2016 Leave Me by Gayle Forman ***

message 2: by Zaz (new)

Zaz | 3034 comments Welcome :)

You'll have good discussion with The Color Purple's fan club here. I haven't read it, but I'm pretty sure I'll succumb at some point.
I see that Goodreads is trying too to sold you Delirium. I'm reading my 1st book by this author, so maybe I'll add Delirium later, even if the reviews are not warm.
I read Legend this year and found it interesting (sadly the 2nd was boring). I've to finish the series to form a full opinion about the author, but I'll be interested in how you compare Legend and Young Elites.
Good to see Eleanor & Park, it was lovely. I'll try to read another novel from her in 2016 :)

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I read Lucky for one of my college classes. It brought up a lot of debate and strong emotions. I promised myself I would read it again, but I haven't yet. It's a great read, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

message 4: by Alexxy (new)

Alexxy | 87 comments Thanks!
I actually added Delirium because despite all the harsh reviews, half of my friends gave it high ratings. I guess I have to read it and decide for myself.
I mostly chose books from my to-read shelf to lessen the burden of it. I'm really looking forward to discussing books with everyone.