The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Discussion > Hunger Games movies

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments Who's seen Mockingjay part 2? I thought it was great - very true to the book. A few differences, but they didn't really bother me much. I know lots of people didn't like the last book and it seems like a lot of non-readers didn't like the last movie, but I liked it!

message 2: by Nele (new)

Nele (neltjuhv) | 1 comments Hi! I saw part 2 just last night and I thought it was great.
It was nice that things happened like I was expecting it. That doesn't happen often

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments Nele wrote: "Hi! I saw part 2 just last night and I thought it was great.
It was nice that things happened like I was expecting it. That doesn't happen often "

For real! Why can't they make more movies that are so true to the books?

message 4: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin | 26 comments Totally agree with you guys! I wasn't sure how they'd turn Mockingjay into 2 movies because it definitely wasn't the best of the 3. However, while Part 1 was slower moving and more political, I believe it was necessary to set up for Part 2. If they'd tried to rush it all into one movie they would've missed so many details and probably would've ruined it. I though Part 2 was INCREDIBLE!

And I must agree that the ending was perfect. It was exactly how I'd pictured it when I was reading the book. So satisfied!

message 5: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 98 comments I was so surprised at how much it followed the book! It was so lovely. I was sad that this is the end of it :/

message 6: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 98 comments I really honestly think they did a fantastic job with all the movies. Mockingjay was definitely my least favorite book and least favorite movies but they were still very good. Catching Fire was just amazing and Hunger Games was so original that it's so hard to beat that. Overall, I was very pleased with all the movies. When I saw initial castings of each movie I was confused but everyone did an amazing job. Divergent series has me so thrown off and Maze Runner is taking forever. I'm really counting on 5th Wave to fill my dystopian needs lol!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments I love the Divergent books, but the movies are just so different that I can't get into them. But I agree - the Hunger Games movies are perfect adaptations of the books.

I'm so excited for the 5th Wave movie too!!!

message 8: by v.v (new)

v.v | 442 comments Jessica wrote: "I love the Divergent books, but the movies are just so different that I can't get into them. But I agree - the Hunger Games movies are perfect adaptations of the books.

I'm so excited for the 5th ..."

Same here, but I'm kinda hesitant. The trailer....

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments v.v wrote: "Same here, but I'm kinda hesitant. The trailer.... ."

haha, definitely hesitant! I'm trying to be optimistic!

message 10: by v.v (new)

v.v | 442 comments Always, but still gonna wait for it to come one DVD ;)