McCracken County Public Library discussion

General Topics > Favorite Book of 2015

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle "Champ" (michellechampion) | 72 comments We have been quiet for some time now, I thought I would start a conversation.

The year is winding down. 25 days until 2016. I have started my list of favorite books this year. Why don't we all talk about the book(s) that we loved this year?

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Anderson | 66 comments Ooh. I loved a lot of the books I read this year. The four I have recommended the most are The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah (WWII historical fiction with some bad ass women); Everything I Never Told You (debut novel by Celeste Ng- sad, haunting, and so very good); The Year of Yes by Shonda Rimes (very inspiring and thought provoking) and Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling (just hilarious start to finish, I love Mindi). I did read some male authors-Jalen Rose's memoir jumps to mind- but these four just stuck with me all year. I see someone check one out and I get all giddy.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Veatch | 10 comments I too loved the Nightingale. I loved Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner. Some other favorites: All the Light we Cannot Sea, Me Before You, The Selection series by Keira Cass (young adult), Prairie Tale by Melissa Gilbert, and Unbroken. I think my favorite of this list would have to be Me Before You by JoJo Moyes.

Michelle "Champ" (michellechampion) | 72 comments My faves were Secrets of a Charmed LIfe and Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner. The next two were Somewhere in France and After the War is Over by Jennifer Robison. Rounding out the top 5 is A Touch of STardust by Kate Alcott.

message 5: by Joni (new)

Joni Mayhugh | 3 comments The Nightingale, of course. I don't know how many people I have recommended this book too. I also really enjoyed The Sound of Glass by Karen White and the Goddesses Anonymous series by Emilie Richards. And of course, the new Jack Reacher installment Make Me, because how can you not love Jack.

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Anderson | 66 comments I'm going to have to look into the Charmed Life book...