What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. childrens time travel [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shana (new)

Shana | 3 comments My mother read this book to me and my brother when we were younger, so that was in the 90's. Someone borrowed it and I don't remember if we ever finished it.
What I remember: These kids were sent to stay at a family members house. I think there was three children, at least one girl. I am thinking two brothers and one sister. One day when they were alone in the house and they went up to the attic (I am thinking they were not suppose to go up there). They found an old television(I am thinking there were at least two or three tvs) but the tv was not plugged in or didn't have a plug. The sister fell in and the boys could see her on the screen. I think there was a man in a prison/dungeon cell on that screen. The brothers wanted to go in and help her and they had to look for clues and landmarks so when they went back in time they could find her. I think they couldn't travel back in time through the same tv she did, so had to use one of the other tvs. I am also thinking maybe the brothers traveled back together.
The family member they stayed with I am thinking was a man could have been an uncle or grandfather. Also, I feel like the parents weren't dead but the kids were just visiting. Although I am not 100% sure.
The book The Snowstorm sounding close but the kids definitely traveled back through a tv not a snow globe.
Also, as I mentioned my mother read this book to us so it may have been teen YA and not just children.

Thanks for looking at this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
The Tower of Geburah by John White seems to match your description.

One GR reviewer says, "Wesley, Kurt, and Lisa are sucked through old television sets in their attic to the land of Anthropos, where the king Kardia is imprisoned, and the land suffers under the sorcerer Hociono."

message 3: by Shana (new)

Shana | 3 comments That's it! Wow, thank you so much! I have looked on my own from time to time but could never find it. Your awesome!

message 4: by Shana (new)

Shana | 3 comments SOLVED
The Tower of Geburah by John White

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
You're welcome! Glad you found your book. I think I got lucky with a Google search like:

site:www.goodreads.com "fantasy" children television "attic"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Tower of Geburah (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John White (other topics)