The Lovely Bones The Lovely Bones question

Who agrees this is the best book EVER
Madison Madison Dec 07, 2015 07:54AM
I don't know about you, but life has not been the same since reading this book. Everywhere I look I see bones, bones, bones, and lovely. And I smell fish everywhere I go. It's insane. INSANE. I just wanted to know if anyone else is as changed as I am after this reading experience. LOVELY BONES 5EVAAAAAA

Hardly. There are better books out there.

Yes, this book was good.

I liked it, but "the best book EVER? Not even close. Perhaps you need to expand your literary horizons a little bit.

It is so bad I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

U 25x33
Diane in MA Nope. Hated it
Mar 18, 2017 07:22PM · flag
Anna Bendewald I just saw this - and I can't say for sure what I would have thought of The Lovely Bones if it hadn't had such a huge build up...wasn't it even chosen ...more
Jun 13, 2017 07:21PM · flag

A Dec 31, 2015 06:40AM   0 votes
I liked this book a lot, however I did find the reading experience not at all relaxing because of how distressing the story was. It's obviously powerfully written as it made me feel sad and angry, and I don't mind feeling that when reading a book; but this is how I felt through the WHOLE thing.

Perception is everything, also life experience, what you want/expect from any book you read. It's impossible to say ANY book is the best ever in my opinion. But definitely one of my favorites for sheer originality, especially knowing she was attacked herself so has firsthand knowledge of her subject.

Beautifully written and inspirational. Fortunately I swerved the film version.

Madison wrote: "I don't know about you, but life has not been the same since reading this book. Everywhere I look I see bones, bones, bones, and lovely. And I smell fish everywhere I go. It's insane. INSANE. I jus..."

I started reading it, but I just couldn't get into it. I personally think there are a ton of much better books out there. This just wasn't one I was interested in.

Didn't like it!

I really love this book because the ending goes against the immediate reaction of getting revenge. On one hand you are satisfied because the bad guy gets what's coming to him but on the other hand only you as the reader is satisfied the characters do not find closure, which leaves you feeling sorry for them. There are definitely strong conflicting feelings in this book which I believe is truly brilliant.

It is a top 5 pick for me...!!

Definitely not, very poorly written with rambling run on sentences that drove me crazy. The storyline was interesting but not really unique, yeah not the best ever by a long shot.

I read a lot of books. I couldn't make it past the first chapter, threw it against the wall.

I never finished this book, so apparently I did not think it was the best book ever.