Black Coffee discussion

Archives > FYI

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (last edited Dec 07, 2015 07:31AM) (new)

kisha | 3907 comments Mod
I haven't read either. But I'm definitely looking forward to reading Bound for the Promise Land. I hear they are casting Viola Davis as Harriet Tubman. I'm so excited about that. She will do the movie justice!

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen Erwin | 95 comments Thank you!

Harriet Tubman was one of the most amazingly heroic people that have ever lived.
I love her.

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen Erwin | 95 comments Forgot to answer the question.
I haven't read those, but I read a biography years ago that I loved. I'll see if I can find it, forgot both the title and who wrote it.

message 5: by Helen (new)

Helen Erwin | 95 comments That was easy, should have done that first. This one,
http://www.amazon.com/Harriet-Tubman-...

message 6: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments I am excited for both. I am a huge viola davis fan since her movie the Help. I have both books on my TBR list for next year.

message 7: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Helen wrote: "That was easy, should have done that first. This one,
http://www.amazon.com/Harriet-Tubman-...+..."

thanks!

message 8: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Wow - this great news.
Thanks for sharing.

I have the Harriet Tubman book but have not yet read it.
I remember when I bought the book many years ago that I was excited because it was an "adult" biography as there are many children books about Harriet Tubman but so so few adult title titles of this awesome woman.

I did read Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption. It is a very powerful read.
But as wonderful as the book is the author is even more impressive when he is speaking. Here is the audio of the author on the Charlie Rose show.

http://www.charlierose.com/watch/6060...

Certainly will be interested to see how the movie translates the book.

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments Are they making Just Mercy into a movie....?

message 10: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Anastasia wrote: "Are they making Just Mercy into a movie....?"

yes!

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments Maya wrote: "Anastasia wrote: "Are they making Just Mercy into a movie....?"

yes!"

Awesome!

message 12: by Helen (last edited Dec 07, 2015 10:07AM) (new)

Helen Erwin | 95 comments I´m so glad that they are doing this. I want to read Just Mercy too, so glad they are making a movie of it.
Harriet is finally getting some recognition!

message 13: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Helen wrote: "I´m so glad that they are doing this. I want to read Just Mercy too, so glad they are making a movie of it.
Harriet is finally getting some recognition!"

I agree Helen. I cant believe they waited this long to make a movie

message 14: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2489 comments Mod
This is great news!!! I love how these powerful stories can now reach broader audiences.

message 15: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Thanks Beverly for posting the audio clip