The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge discussion

Book Suggestions > January Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (new)

L (lauraactually) | 236 comments Mod
Please leave as many suggestions below as you would like for our January Book poll that will be posted this coming weekend (the 12th).

message 2: by Ina (new)

Ina Ivanova | 2 comments War and Peace! Everyone usually feels more motivated in January and it will be a great book to "conquer" in the new year.

message 3: by L (last edited Dec 07, 2015 07:33AM) (new)

L (lauraactually) | 236 comments Mod
I am going to suggest Harry Potter and Sorcerers Stone and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! I always LOVE reading the HP books during the winter months.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace | 9 comments "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac.

message 5: by Tana (new)

Tana (cristinatana) | 11 comments Oh I second war and peace!

message 6: by Darla (new)

Darla E. | 6 comments I've actually never read any of the Harry Potter books. I'm a fan of the films so I'm sure the books are up to par. I'm cool with any choice!

message 7: by Patience (new)

Patience Williams (patiencew14) I've read the HP series 19 times (I know I'm pathetic hahah) but it's been a couple years since, and i think January would be the perfect time for a Harry Potter discussion too! :)

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (ntropyincarnate) | 23 comments After this month's disappointing (for some of us, at least) poetry experience, I nominate Leaves of Grass and The Complete Poems of Anne Sexton.

I'd also like to nominate Slaughterhouse-Five.

message 9: by Adelina (new)

Adelina Bratu | 4 comments I second Slaughterhouse Five or On the Road :)

message 10: by Patience (new)

Patience Williams (patiencew14) I like Megan's idea too, after Howl being a little painful for most that sounds like a great idea!

message 11: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine I'd like to suggest Aldous Huxley's Brave New World

message 12: by Andy (new)

Andy Grayson (Andystructible) | 2 comments Yep, I second the Potter books, start nice and easy for the new year before we hit the hard books.

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen | 2 comments The Year of Magical Thinking

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I second Brave new world.