What I Did Wrong What I Did Wrong discussion

What I Did Wrong - BR Ije, Maya + Sofia 9th Dec 2015

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia

message 3: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Good morning :)

I'll probably be slow as I have lots of work this week so i'll only have time to read in the evening but will stop by here to chat as often as I can.

Wishing you a good day, ladies.

Ije the Devourer of Books Thanks Maya. I am going to start this morning but I will be reading at a slow pace too because I am jet lagged and trying to catch up with chores. Looking forward to our discussion.

message 5: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Good morning girls

I've read some this morning - very flowing. I'm at 9% (view spoiler)

I'll only be able to read a little bit tonight as it's a heavy work day today.

message 6: by Maya (last edited Dec 09, 2015 09:22AM) (new) - added it

Maya I managed to read the first two chapters today - Texas Is the Reason and Deadguy (@21%). Started on my break and the story really drew me in so it was hard to put down.

I found Tom's emotions very relatable - (view spoiler)

message 7: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya I loved this paragraph at the end of chapter 2 Deadguy.

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia End of chap two Deadguy (view spoiler)

message 9: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya (view spoiler)

Just started the third chapter - story is going farther back in time.

Ije the Devourer of Books I confess with shame that I am only on page 10. I am soooooo jet lagged and I feel like an old lady. :(. Nevertheless I shall catch up tomorrow. I do like the main character though.

message 11: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Jetlag is more than a good reason Ije. I'm sure that we'll meet up tomorrow because it is easy to read.

message 12: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Maya wrote: "[spoilers removed]

Just started the third chapter - story is going farther back in time."

Yes Maya (view spoiler)

message 13: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Good morning :)

Just had chap 3 25% for breakfast (view spoiler)

message 14: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Ije, I hope you had a good, long sleep last night :)

message 15: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Sofia wrote: "Good morning :)

Just had chap 3 25% for breakfast [spoilers removed]"

Morning :)

I read it too. (view spoiler)

Ije the Devourer of Books I am going to try and catch up today. :)

message 17: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Ije the Devourer of Books wrote: "I am going to try and catch up today. :)"

message 18: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya hee, nice one , Sofia.
I haven't done any reding after chapter 3. I'm trying to catchup with the work i didnt finish yeasterday because i read! :P

message 19: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Still working too Maya :( All this work is going to make us very boring :)

Hope to read more tonight.

message 20: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya somewhere in chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Ije the Devourer of Books I am still in chapter 2 but I am getting ready to read more before bed. i spent today with my son who had an op on his knee but he is fine and moving around without help. Hopefully i will catch up.

Ije the Devourer of Books I am now in the middle of chapter 5.

The travelling back and forth between the different people in Tom's past and his present make it a bit dizzying to read especially when the story goes right back to his childhood. I am hoping all these memories will help us understand who Tom is in the present.

It is interesting to read but I hope all these memories are taking us somewhere, or eventually show us something major.

message 23: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya yeah, I agree, Ije.
It's interesting but so far I can't see where it's going either.

message 24: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia I agree girls

mid chap 5 as well

(view spoiler)

Ije the Devourer of Books I find his experiences at school to be quite disturbing but he seems to have accepted the bad treatment, the same way he accepts Zack's difficult behaviour. I have finished chapter five and I am rather confused about all these memories and the way he revisits the past. I hope it will become clearer. I am at work so will read more later but I am glad to have caught up. it is an interesting story but a bit confusing too.

message 26: by Maya (last edited Dec 11, 2015 01:23PM) (new) - added it

Maya I just finished Part 1 - the first six chapters.
To be honest I'm not sure if I want to keep reading. On the one hand the I feel the story's emotional tug and I want to know more about Tom and Zack and Justin, but the structure of the book is exhausting ...

There was a moment in chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Ije the Devourer of Books Dont give up pleeeeeeease. It is not an easy book to read because of all the flash backs and memories. I find all the memories are quite confusing because they don't seem to be clearly related to the present. i am in chapter 6 where he is reflecting on his relationship with his students and it seems a little more clearer than the earlier chapters. I am actually enjoying how he relates to his students.

I understand if you want to give up though. The story is rather unstructured and messy, leaving the reader to make sense of Tom's memories and experiences. I read the first book by this author and it was better structured but still left me puzzled.

Ije the Devourer of Books I have finished. It was an easy read but not a very enjoyable one. i think the story floated about too much without coming to a clear resolution. I have written a review though.

message 29: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Ije the Devourer of Books wrote: "Dont give up pleeeeeeease. It is not an easy book to read because of all the flash backs and memories. I find all the memories are quite confusing because they don't seem to be clearly related to t..."

I don't know, i just read your review, Ije and i'm pretty sure i won't enjoy the rest if the book.
will think about it.

message 30: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia I'm at the end of Chap 7, I'm kind of lost and I think Tom is too. I like the writing but the structure, the story is like "What structure?" Maybe Tom is trying to find his way.

I'll see your review later Ije :)

Maya are you stopping?

message 31: by Maya (last edited Dec 12, 2015 02:11AM) (new) - added it

Maya I'll take e break from it today and see if i want to continue tomorrow. When i was reading chapter 6 last night i wanted to skim so it's over faster. That's not a good sign.

You?

message 32: by Sofia (last edited Dec 12, 2015 06:27AM) (new) - added it

Sofia I'm feeling the need for a happy read which is not a good sign. But in a way the way it's written makes it quick reading. So I'll see how it goes.

Ije the Devourer of Books It is a really odd book because it is easy to read and the characters are interesting but it just seems directionless and all over the place. There are lives, conversations and relationships but they are just brought together in a way that seems so random. I just tried to make sense of it for myself.

message 34: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia yes that Ije :)