What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > YA/Adult: possibly fantasy? Snake people/shapeshifters?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (faehunter) | 3 comments I think it had something to do with snakes or snake people of some sort, but maybe not. I'm pretty sure that there was something of an arranged marriage between the daughter of some leader and another leader to stop a war between tribes, lots of bad blood, there might have been a X rated scene at some point in it if I'm not confusing it with another book. I think I remember a castle, but once again, I might be mixing it up with another book.

message 2: by ☆Eiko (new)

☆Eiko (sillytachi) | 7 comments this sounds definitely like Hawksong by Amelia Atwater Rhodes and it fits into the YA fantasy romance section :) one of my favourites indeed! the hero is from a snake clan and the heroine from a hawk clan and they've been at war for years and they both marry to put a stop to it all. maybe this is it?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33545 comments Mod
Link for Eiko's suggestion - Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

Gundega (Rouzmary) (rouzmary) | 7 comments I'd have to agree with Eiko, if my memory serves right Hawksong fits Brooke's description perfectly.

Brooke, is it the one?

message 5: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (faehunter) | 3 comments I've been looking into that, and I think it might be, but I haven't gotten the chance to read it to make sure. I was trying to find it on Google when I found this group. The program that I remember using to read the book doesn't have Hawksong, so I'm not completely sure.

message 6: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (faehunter) | 3 comments I just remembered that there was a scene where someone was attacked with a kind of venom. They were riding horses to a place. Also, I remember some kind of male leader if not her father arranging the marriage and it stars around the marriage scene, so I'm still iffy on Hawksong.

message 7: by Elias (new)

Elias (iamnotthrowingawaymyshot) | 78 comments Why, it's Hawksong, of course! It's undoubtedly Hawksong, and your book matches the description perfectly. It's bird people vs. snake people, for the record.

message 8: by Glen (new)

Glen D'souza | 5 comments animorphs

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33545 comments Mod
Elias' suggestion - Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

Glen's suggestion - Animorphs by Katherine Applegate.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37837 comments Mod
Brooke, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37837 comments Mod
No response; moving to Abandoned.