Inkshares Community discussion

Johnslist > Let's get GHOSTS OF WAR into Inkshares!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments Paul Robinson has been one of us since the beginning here, and he's been around with Inkshares as long as I have. Paul Robinson even has a Paul Inman original -- reading of his opening chapter by this great narrator. Although Ghosts of War has funded for Quill, I think it's time, with 34 days left, we gave Paul a push to Inkshares full.

What do you say?

Who wants to get on board and give some critiques for ways he can improve what he's doing?

Who wants to lend a hand with spreading the word?

Who wants to come and cheer?

This is the entry thread for it. Ghosts of War supporters, jump on board. Let's do this!

https://www.inkshares.com/projects/gh...

message 2: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Griffith | 21 comments I've shared it with my friends on twitter and Facebook

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Arnold I had actually already scheduled his book as one I would be recommending in my Sunday updates. Looking at the schedule his will be in the update coming not this Sunday, but next Sunday. Certainly going to share before then too as well.

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Asphahani | 12 comments I know I'm new to the Inkshares community here, but Paul's "Ghosts" book was truly the first one to catch my eye when I was just browsing idly.

I'd be delighted to throw a share onto my facebook network on his behalf. The book sounds awesome!

message 5: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments Good to see you here, Joe! I should have caught up on my email before sending my email to you (in other words, I'm glad you're already in this great group!).

For those on board, any thoughts or feedback on Paul's Inkshares page where he might improve slightly? I'd like these endeavors to take on more than just tweeting or sharing in reader updates, since we can all offer feedback that might help Paul put a few great curve balls in motion he might not thought of otherwise.

Go team!

message 6: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Asphahani | 12 comments Hmmm, good point John. I took another look at Paul's page just now, and honestly... I can't think of any possible pointers to give that could improve that. Part of that could be because I'm an inkshares noob, but I bet a better part is because his page is already sleek as a spaceship.

Helpful, I know!

I'm hoping another inkshares veteran will chime in here and draw this hot spotlight off me for a sec.

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul Robinson (robo3687) | 93 comments thanks guys.

I will admit that I asked John to start this thread up for me and the reason for that is that I've had some mental health issues rearing their ugly heads in the last 6 weeks or so and I haven't been able to devote much time at all to the campaign or the book. Then as I fell further behind, and sales stopped almost entirely I kept putting pressure on myself and then not doing things and it's been quite the vicious cycle.

But I can feel myself starting to come through the other side of it now which is why I've finally gotten around to asking for help. The main area I'm looking for help with is promotion. I'm not up to doing anything in person and I've exhausted all my Australian avenues. So I was thinking of a few small things people could do that I could then reciprocate:

- Recommend the book to your followers on Inkshares (then if you have a book I'll do the same)
- if you've got spare credits, you could order an extra copy, or a first copy. (If you've got a book I'll order in return, though I'm only able to do ebooks at the moment. The Australian dollar is abysmal right now.)
- tweet about the book (if you use @robo3687, I'll see the tweet and return the favour)

I haven't decided if I'll ask for an extension or not yet. I still haven't finished writing it (I bombed out of NaNo hard...) so it's on the cards. I'll see how the sales are in the next couple of weeks and make a decision then.

message 8: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Arnold Paul wrote: "thanks guys.

I will admit that I asked John to start this thread up for me and the reason for that is that I've had some mental health issues rearing their ugly heads in the last 6 weeks or so an..."

I can definitely feel you on this. My entire campaign has been one long fight against my introvert nature, to the point where I fell off for about a month not too long ago because I just didn't have the energy. I would keep telling myself to get back up so to speak, but would inevitably fail to do so in my own vicious cycle.
Amid this there was my first(and so far only) podcast interview about my book, which I feel I did horrible in thanks to the aforementioned introvert nature causing my brain to lock up constantly throughout the show. I'd even made notes that I had in front of me to help with talking points/elevator pitches for the book, but when brain lock happens brain lock happens prep work be damned. And yeah, in person promotion is pretty much pointless for me because I'm even worse in person than what I managed for the podcast.

So yeah, I just used way too many words to cover what I did in my first sentence: that I can feel you on this one.

message 9: by Paul (new)

Paul Robinson (robo3687) | 93 comments apologies for the radio silence the last few weeks, kind of checked out of everything for a good long period.

So now there's only 8 days left, which obviously means Ghosts won't be getting to the 750, lol. But, at 292, I think it'd be cool if we could get it to 300 before the end, a nice round number.

I thought about getting an extension, but I really don't want to delay things any more. If there's a ticking clock on it I'm more likely to actually work on the book instead of procrastinating and extending the deadline.

8 days, 8 copies. That's the goal for now.

message 10: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments Paul, I think there's going to be a large group of us who join the Quill ranks (myself included), so it will be interesting for us to all compare notes as we go into production so that we can inform one another and work together to best succeed.

Hmm...I wonder if we should start a "Quill Club" folder here where Quill authors can compare notes? Starting a thread and we'll see what comes of that.