Horror Aficionados discussion

Coldheart Canyon
This topic is about Coldheart Canyon
Audio Group Listens > December 2015 Group Listen: Coldheart Canyon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon Recluse (new)

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Here's the thread for December's Group Listen, Coldheart Canyon.

Y'all know the rules.
Have fun, use spoilers and play nice.

Insanity Claws is watching you...

message 2: by Brett (new)

Brett Talley | 235 comments Man, I tried to like this one, and it has a very interesting premise, but I only made it about halfway through. In fact, (view spoiler)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10678 comments Mod
ohhh no, I'm skipping this one. it was not for me.

message 4: by Robert (last edited Dec 07, 2015 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robert Mingee (robertmingee) | 776 comments I do remember liking this one, but I listened to it years ago when it first came out, and really don't remember specifics. Given its length, and the other listens I have queued up, I'll probably just follow the discussion.

Randy | 103 comments Im almost 2/3's of the way through and I am really into this. I usually tend to want to put in my hours to burn through the audio, since I have so many on my list to listen to, but with this one I'm just listening a little bit every day and enjoying the length and how the story unfolds. Very good. I can see getting turned off by the sex but I feel it serves an important purpose. I felt weird at first but then asked myself, why? The house in the story is a place where people can be completely free of societal constraints and realize their deepest fantasies. I just started thinking about my own (we all have them), and was almost embarrassed for feeling awkward at some of the descriptions. Acknowledging and being fully honest with our desires is scary. Our puritanical society doesn't allow it. Anyway, I appreciate the way this book is making me analyze my reactions to it.

message 6: by Wade (new)

Wade | 30 comments Haven't chimed in on the board in a while. Wish I had been keeping up though. I've had Coldheart Canyon on my to-read for ages, would probably have jumped in on this. Love Barker's older, short fiction that I've read.

message 7: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany King (tifking73) | 80 comments I know I am late to the game, but I am starting this today. There are so many mixed reviews on this book that I have to check it out for myself! Huge Hellraiser I & II fan here!!!