Perustopia Book Club discussion

Rant about the book you just finished!!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorena (new)

Lorena miranda (paperthinhymn) | 5 comments hey guys, you all know those times when you finish a book and you just need to rant about it because of how it left you in the end? Well start now, rant about the book you just finished good or bad just leave a spoiler alert if you are leaving spoilers!!

message 2: by Reem (new)

Reem (rmoustafa) | 114 comments I JUST FINISHED SCARLET AND OMG IT WAS SO FLIPPING GOOD. I COULD NOT STOP READING IT!! I read it in ONE DAY AND THEN I IMMEDIATELY PICKED UP CRESS. I was sitting there. I had Cress next to me and Scarlet in my hands. I finished Scarlet and picked up Cress. I could NOT stop. THE ACTION IS AMAZING THE BOOK JUST FITS. EVERYTHING WORKS THE ROMANCE ISN'T TO MUCH AND THE WRITING IS FLAWLESS. THE IDEA IS ORIGINAL.
I so recommend it. The first book is Cinder

•The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina Kakarouba (akingdomofbooks) | 71 comments I APPRECIATE THIS SO MUCH. I FINISHED THRONE OF GLASS, SATURDAY AND IT WAS AMAZING. SO FREAKING AMAZING. I READ THE WHOLE THING IN ONE DAY. I ADORE CELAENA. I ADORE CHAOL. I ADORE DORIAN. I JUST WANT TO READ IT AGAIN.I CANT WAIT TO READ THE WHOLE SERIES. OMG (HYPERVENTILATING.) THE THING THAT JUST DRIVES ME CRAZY IS THAT, IDK WHO I SHIP. SO FRUSTRATING.

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Kato (new)

Kato (stolenbybooks) (stolenbybooks) Christina wrote: "I APPRECIATE THIS SO MUCH. I FINISHED THRONE OF GLASS, SATURDAY AND IT WAS AMAZING. SO FREAKING AMAZING. I READ THE WHOLE THING IN ONE DAY. I ADORE CELAENA. I ADORE CHAOL. I ADORE DORIAN. I JUST WA..."

OMG YES I JUST FINISHED IT TOO!!! AND I JUST, I CAN'T EVEN, OMG!!! I STARTED BOOK 2 AND IT'S SO FREAKING AMAZING THAT I JUST WOWW!!

AND I SHIP THEM TOO!!!

message 5: by Kailene (new)

Kailene (kaileneisamalfoy) I KNOW. IT'S THE ONLY SERIES IDK WHO MY OTP IS. I MEAN. I'M ACTUALLY READING HEIR PF FIRE AND OMG. NO WORDS. IT'S AWESOME

message 6: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Verónica (ronniestinne) This morning, I mean at 1.00am I finished Never Never part 2 and OMG WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!?? I'm sooo confused, I need anwers!!!

message 7: by Lorena (new)

Lorena miranda (paperthinhymn) | 5 comments Hey a big thanks to everyone who participates in the group I created the comments you guys leave are awsome!!
ALSO I JUST FINISHED EVERYTHING EVERYTHING BY NICOLA YOON
Guys it's such an amazing book with a plot twist I never saw coming, it's a feel good book with real life issues that makes you think more about the world we live in.

message 8: by Aja (new)

Aja (tutorgurl) | 6 comments I just finished Illuminae and basically I just want to throw it in everyone's face and scream "Read it" and runaway and reread it.

It was just simply amazing. I normally don't enjoy science fiction/space books, but the way it was set up really was cool. And that twist at the end, I didn't see it coming.

message 9: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleymh3) | 14 comments I FINISHED OUTLANDER LAST NIGHT. OH, MY HEART! I ADORED IT THOUGH! IT TOOK ME A WEEK TO READ, ONLY BECAUSE OF WORK AND CHRISTMAS. IM NOT SURE WHEN ILL READ DRAGONFLY IN AMBER BECAUSE ACCORDING TO SASHA IT IS BRUTAL, AND HEARTBREAKING, AND IM NOT SURE IF IM UP TO THAT JUST YET. IT WILL BE READ SOON THOUGH!!!

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia  (trishaaa12) | 3 comments I just finished The Heir. I was expecting a lot from this book. But when I read it, I couldn't feel a connection with the characters. especially Eadlyn. I found her annoying and difficult to see her point of view. I enjoyed reading the previous books so much that this book made the 342 pages feel much longer.

message 11: by Randi (new)

Randi Hogden | 39 comments I JUST FINISHED FANGIRL BY RAINBOW ROWELL ABOUT 30 SECONDS AGO AND MY HEART HURTS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT BE OVER. I AM IN LOVE WITH LEVI AND CATH IS SOMEONE I CAN RELATE TO SO SO MUCH. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL.

message 12: by Saf (new)

Saf  (saph95) Okay there's a lot of shouting going on here. I'm going to try and keep calm..........

I just finished A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas and I'm having the biggest book hangover, ever in history. I'm struggling to find another book that is even remotely interesting after reading it. I absolutely loved A Court of Thorns and Roses and I want the next one NOW, right NOW.

message 13: by Alex (new)

Alex | 24 comments Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
This book was beautiful. It was heart breaking and horrifying and had me laughing out loud. The ending was really bittersweet and not at all what I expected, but it felt like an appropriate ending to the series. It wasn't all tied up in a perfect bow and that felt really realistic to me, like these characters had real lives. Just a great final book.

message 14: by Zi (new)

Zi (underthestrs) | 13 comments The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken: I don't know why I pushed this book so far behind bc it was great. I loved it so much. Some things were kinda predictable but like d a m n Liam hell yes I like Liam a lot ok. The ending just about killed me and I can't wait to pick up the next book in the series.

anyone that hasn't read it yet, please go and do. You will not regret it (at least I hope you won't)

message 15: by Christina (new)

Christina Kakarouba (akingdomofbooks) | 71 comments Here I am once again, but I can't deny the pleasure of ranting. I JUST FINISHED CLOCKWORK ANGEL, AND IT WAS AMAZING. JUST SO MANY FEELS. THIS LOVE TRIANGLE WILL BE THE END OF ME. SO PERFECTLY WRITTEN. JESSA JESSA JESSA, I NEED MORE JESSA. THE FREAKING SASS GOD THAT IS WILLIAM HERONDALE IS SO, I DONT EVEN KNOW, MUST CONTINUE ON TO CLOCKWORK PRINCE RIGHT NOW

message 16: by Christina (new)

Christina Kakarouba (akingdomofbooks) | 71 comments Here I am once again, but I can't deny the pleasure of ranting. I JUST FINISHED CLOCKWORK ANGEL, AND IT WAS AMAZING. JUST SO MANY FEELS. THIS LOVE TRIANGLE WILL BE THE END OF ME. SO PERFECTLY WRITTEN. JESSA JESSA JESSA, I NEED MORE JESSA. THE FREAKING SASS GOD THAT IS WILLIAM HERONDALE IS SO, I DONT EVEN KNOW, MUST CONTINUE ON TO CLOCKWORK PRINCE RIGHT NOW

message 17: by Aïsha (new)

Aïsha Baria wrote: "Even though I finished Queen of shadows like a week ago I'll still rant about it.
IT WAS SOOOO GOOD. BEYOND EXPLAINING. I WAS A HARD CORE CHAOL AND CELEANA FAN BUT AFTER THIS BOOK I WAS LIKE AELIN ..."

I'm with you

message 18: by Aïsha (new)

Aïsha I literally read this series weeks (like 2-3 months) ago but OH MY GOD THE RAVEN CYCLE BY MAGGIE STIEFVATER IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, MAGICAL SERIES IN THE UNIVERSE (ok but um Throne of Glass). GANSEY GANSEY GANSEY.
AMAZINGLY WRITTEN.
FANTASTIC CHARACTERS.
BEST and STRANGEST PLOT EVER.

message 19: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleymh3) | 14 comments Aïsha wrote: "I literally read this series weeks (like 2-3 months) ago but OH MY GOD THE RAVEN CYCLE BY MAGGIE STIEFVATER IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, MAGICAL SERIES IN THE UNIVERSE (ok but um Throne of Gla..."

THAT SERIES IS SO AMAZING!!! I still need to read Blue Lily, Lily Blue though!

message 20: by Fredo (new)

Fredo I finished The Lightning Thief two days ago it was AMAZING (btw)!!!!!!!!! Already 100 pages in Sea of Monsters!!!

message 21: by Fredo (new)

Fredo I finished The Lightning Thief two days ago it was AMAZING (btw)!!!!!!!!! Already 100 pages in Sea of Monsters!!!