Reading with Style discussion

RwS (Winter 2015-16) > 10.9 Realistic Ratings

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6160 comments 10.9 Realistic Ratings (Cory Day's Task)-

The average rating I have given in all my Goodreads rating is 3.40, so I’m a little wary when books have over 4.0 or under 2.0. A lot of good books end up with ratings between 3 and 4 stars, so read a book that has higher than a 3.0 rating AND lower than a 4.0 average rating.

message 2: by Rebekah (last edited Dec 06, 2015 07:49PM) (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4354 comments All but two of the Groupreads fits this task. The exceptions are The Invention of Wings and Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End

message 3: by Cory Day (new)

Cory Day (cors36) | 1205 comments Rebekah wrote: "All but two of the Groupreads fits this task. The exceptions are The Invention of Wings and Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End"

I was glad when the mods picked this one out of my ideas, because it had by far the most potential for combo points!

message 4: by Connie (last edited Dec 06, 2015 09:42PM) (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 1399 comments Cory Day wrote: "Rebekah wrote: "All but two of the Groupreads fits this task. The exceptions are The Invention of Wings and Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End"

I wa..."

Thanks for suggesting this task, Cory. I had some books to read for my library book groups that didn't fit any of the other tasks.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12344 comments Connie wrote: "I was glad when the mods picked this one out of my ideas, because it had by far the most potential for combo points! "

Might be the only time in my life when I'm disappointed to see a book I have on my list has an average rating above 4.0!

message 6: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 1399 comments I felt the same way, Elizabeth. One of my Southern Lit books has a rating of 4.01, and I'm hoping someone else gives it a lousy review before I read it in January!

message 7: by Kätlin (new)

Kätlin | 173 comments My thoughts exactly, having just finished a book with the rating of 4.06 :D

message 8: by Lagullande (new)

Lagullande | 1029 comments Please can you advise what I should do about this book Death of an Ancient King, which is the designated BOM in another GR group? It appears to have a rating of 3.94, but there is also this Death of an Ancient King, which has a rating of 4.00.

message 9: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1601 comments First, Lagullande, all copies should be combined. I did that. The result was that the most popular edition has a rating of 4.00.