Reading with Style discussion

RwS (Winter 2015-16) > 10.7 Cozy Holidays

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6029 comments 10.7 Cozy Holidays (Karen Michele's Task)-

Cuddle up with a cozy mystery. Read a book that has been tagged "Cozy Mystery" by at least 10 users in the genre section on the book page.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments Just clarifying, does it have to be on the book page, or when you go to the genre listing page ?

The books I chose are not on the book page, but have 10 or more users tagging them as "Cozy Mystery " if I click through to the genre page.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11947 comments The Cozy Mystery must be in the genre section on the book page and have at least 10 users. Having it on the Cozy Mystery shelf without being on the book page is not enough.

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1553 comments Oh, shoot. My choice meets the genre on the main page criteria but only shows 8 users. Back to the drawing board. :(

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "The Cozy Mystery must be in the genre section on the book page and have at least 10 users. Having it on the Cozy Mystery shelf without being on the book page is not enough."

Hmmm. I had selected Agatha Christie books, but they are not on the main page as they have many higher shelves ( even though I think one has been tagged 39 times, I still have to click through to the genre page to find it). Could be trickier than I thought.

message 6: by Joanna (last edited Dec 21, 2015 09:46AM) (new)

Joanna (walker) | 1364 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "The Cozy Mystery must be in the genre section on the book page and have at least 10 users. Having it on the Cozy Mystery shelf without being on the book page is not enough."

I am not sure I understand the distinction that's being made here.

I think The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag counts, right? But The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie doesn't because cozy is too far down to appear on the main page even though there are 50 tags for it. Is that right?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11947 comments Joanna wrote: "I am not sure I understand the distinction that's being made here."

That is correct. This is for scorekeeping purposes. We can extract from shelves and auto-add to the database so that neither Kate nor I have to verify that the book complies with the task. For that to work we want fewer than 500 titles, and taking this to the 10 add threshold got about 3000 titles. Having the requirement on the book page means neither of us has to go searching beyond the book page.