Perustopia Book Club discussion

DECEMBER BOOK!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Alsberg (sashaalsberg) | 29 comments Mod
Hello Everybody!

If you missed our Carry On live show you probably didn't get to see our December book of the month which is SOUNDLESS BY RICHELLE MEAD!

Richelle Mead month kicks off this week and we hope you can join us for the live show on January 1st for Soundless!

message 2: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Kim | 74 comments Great! It sounds really interesting, can't wait to start!!

message 3: by Martha (new)

Martha Pasatiempo (mbpasatiempo) Can't wait to start! I have been meaning to read this book, can't wait to finally read it!

message 4: by Cecel (new)

Cecel | 16 comments I finished reading it yesterday. It was a treat. I hope everyone has a good reading experience too.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melandthestars) | 6 comments I saw it's in the latest OwlCrate. What's it about?

message 6: by Cecel (new)

Cecel | 16 comments The book is about a girl name Fei and a miner who come from a village where no one can hear and their people's food is supplied from the town down the mountain. Fei and her friend go on a journey to save their village from starvation.

message 7: by Maeve (new)

Maeve | 4 comments I'm so excited!!

message 8: by Aislin (new)

Aislin Brunt I don't know if I'll get it done before the end of the month but I am sort of excited to start this one. I hope I can but I have a handful of others that I have to get done by christmas LOL

message 9: by Lilly (new)

Lilly (lillywhynot) I just bought this book on black Friday so this is perfect timing. :D I'm reading it now. It's going by really quickly, but I'm really enjoying it. Hope you all are as well!

message 10: by Ramya (new)

Ramya | 19 comments It's pretty good, just finished it today, but kinda too fast paced and I couldn't really connect to the characters.

message 11: by Deb (new)

Deb (dlmetzler) | 0 comments I'm excited to read this book. I now have at least three books to read this month. Better get started ;)

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily (theatreloverslittlebooknook) I'm on chapter 4 and am in love if anyone would like to messed me and fangirl I'd love that cause I want to talk about it but I don't want to spoil it for people :)

message 13: by Eva (new)

Eva Siu | 1 comments Read it already! It was good I really enjoyed it! Heard a lot of people didn't like it though.

SHARLENE (MyBookishBehaviour) (mybookishbehaviour) Currently halfway and it's pretty good ☺️☺️

message 15: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 41 comments I need to start reading this

message 16: by Tonni (new)

Tonni (tonnithetiger) | 19 comments I finished it yesterday and I loved it!

message 17: by Denise (new)

Denise Zuniga (denisezuniga) | 13 comments I finished the book today and overall it was good

message 18: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 3 comments I FINISHED IT HOLY CRAP
I started it 2 days ago
Lol

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily (theatreloverslittlebooknook) loved it feel free to check out my review

message 20: by mina ♡ (new)

mina ♡ | 48 comments i just finished it and I thought it was a really enjoyable read and I'm glad I read it thanks to this bookclub <3

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I've now finished the book, and it was okay, but I've definitely read better. I found it too short to really connect with the characters and build the world.

message 22: by Joan (new)

Joan Tsaprali (joants) | 5 comments I read this book last month! Enjoy reading it!!!! :-)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

WHOOP!!! Just saw this going to be reading this fast. I was fortune enough to get a signed copy!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol i haven't even started.

message 25: by Reem (new)

Reem (rmoustafa) | 114 comments I got it on kindle and it is fantabulous

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather (heather_ogorman) | 5 comments I can't wait! I've actually just recently picked it and really wanted to read it this month.

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura (thenerdshopper) | 9 comments Just finished reading it and I'm sad to say I found it pretty stupid. Particularly the ending. Usually I find good in any book I take the time to read, but this was just silly writing. It started off strong and then felt rushed. To top it off, it also felt as though the author was completely winging it.

SHARLENE (MyBookishBehaviour) (mybookishbehaviour) I have read it and it was exceptional! Loved the fact that was a completely original story and I found myself only wanting to read it even though I had about 5 books on my currently reading pile at that time!!! It's one of my favourite stand alones of 2015!!!

message 29: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Furtick (katelynpdickinson) | 24 comments hate hate hate. double hate. loathe entirely.

yeah.. that's how I felt about it. haha

message 30: by Ellie (new)

Ellie I bought the book and I was so excited cuz it was signed, but it was also $20 without my coupon. I've heard it's very fast paced and more of a folk tale than sci-fi, so I think I shall return it, but I will still read it when it comes to my library.

message 31: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 41 comments still reading, but it's definitely not what I expected, but still enjoying it. anyone know when the live show will be??

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 67 comments Sasha wrote: "Hello Everybody!

what book have you and ragen chosen for January book of the month?