The Book Basilisks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
January 2016 Book Discussions > January Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Hi there! What do you want us to read together in the month of January? Go ahead and mention your nominations here. Just a reminder that you can nominate books you have nominated before, as long as they haven't won before.

The nominations will be closed on Dec 14th and the polls will start the next day.

message 2: by Bhavya (new)

Bhavya  (saibiscus) I nominate Legend by Marie Lu and The Luxe by Anna Godbersen. (Is it okay if I nominate 2 books?)

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph (androjello) | 8 comments I nominate Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente and The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette de Bodard!

message 4: by Diana S (new)

Diana S I nominate At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen

message 5: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Um I think for now it'll be better if we only nominate one book per person.. But if there aren't that many books nominated at the end of the week I'll put the second books in the poll!

And Diana, I've read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen but I haven't read any of her other works! Might be interesting to give it a try.

I will nominate Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because I've never read it before and I want to change that hahaha :)

message 6: by Trisha (new)

Trisha (pillowfortbooks) | 10 comments In the winter I love reading and rereading 1930s crime noir novels. My favorite is Dashiell Hammett's The Thin Man, so I'm nominating it. It's much more comedic than Sherlock Holmes. It was also turned into an amazing black and white film series.

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia | 53 comments I'm nominating 1984 by George Orwell.

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea slytherink (slytherink) I nominate The Young Elites by Marie Lu :)

message 9: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Sounds like an interesting book, Trisha! I can't say I have heard of it before... Oh and 1984 is soooo gooooood Julia!! :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.