Warriors Awesome RPG Site discussion

⊶FireClan⊷ > FireClans Medicine Den

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by вℓυєвℓσѕѕσм | ℭґїмṧøη, Apparently I'm "average" (new)

вℓυєвℓσѕѕσм | ℭґїмṧøη | 252 comments Mod

message 2: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

The Moon Rider (auroragerberyahoocom) | 268 comments Mod
**I know this a long post, but please read all of it.

Nightshade sat in the shadows of the medicine cat den, waiting for her apprentice, Mintpaw, to show up. It was time to start her first day of training. It started at dawn. The sky was a milky color in the sky. 'It's almost dawn,' Nightshade thought. 'She better not be late.' Nightshade had had an apprentice before but he died about six moons before. Nightshade liked Mintpaw, but her apprentice was not the morning type of person, it seemed. 'If she doesn't get here on time, she's going to have a big surprise waiting for her.'This thought made her laugh a bit.

message 3: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw wandered sleepily into the den. Blinking multiple times to clear the fog hazing her vision. She squinted thought the shadows in search of her mentor. "Nightshade?" she called out tentatively. "It's me, Mintpaw..." She stumbled slightly as she began to fall asleep on her paws.

message 4: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (last edited Feb 11, 2016 04:37PM) (new)

Nightshade padded over to her and pushed her gently to wake her up. "Now listen up," she meowed. "Today I will teach you about the herb borage. It is an herb that helps keep a mother's milk going. Do you understand? It looks like this... http://www.sallybernstein.com/images/..."

**Click on the link.

message 5: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw bent down to sniff the leaves. The scent was unlike anything she had ever smelled, kind of good, but different. "Borage," Mintpaw repeated back as she looked at the leaves. "Used for keeping a mothers milk going. Got it." She looked up at her mentor. The scent of the herbs woke her up entirely and now she was full of energy and ready to learn more.

message 6: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

"Good," Nightshade meowed approvingly. "Now tell me how we apply the medicine."

message 7: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw furrowed her brow, thinking hard. "To apply it, I'm thinking you'd have to feed it to the cat. They'd have to eat it!" She looked up excitedly at Nightshade. "Am I right?"

message 8: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

"Very good, Mintpaw!" Nightshade meowed, impressed. "Now what is alder bark used for?" She knew this would be a tricky one.

message 9: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia "Alder Bark?" Mintpaw had never even heard of this. "I think because it's so hard the cat would have to eat it, but j can't think of what it'd be used for." She got up and paced a bit, thinking. Finally she said, "I give up, what is it used for?"

message 10: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

"Alder bark is used to help a cat's toothaches," Nightshade explained. "You have to remember all these herbs, okay? I don't want to have wasted my time on training you." She smiled warmly at her new apprentice, having a feeling that made her think that she would have this apprentice until the day she died.

message 11: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw gave Nightshade a weird look. "If the bark is hard, wouldn't it hurt the aching tooth more than help it?" She asked. Then realizing what she'd said her face changed. "I'm not doubting your knowledge, but I was just wondering..." Mintpaw looked down at her paws, hoping she hadn't offended her mentor that she admired so much.

message 12: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

"We shred the bark first," Nightshade explained. "And I understand why you are confused."

message 13: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia "Oh, I see!" Mintpaw gave a little bounce of excitement as she realized that shredding would make more sense. She began repeating back to her mentor what she'd been taught, "Borage leaves eaten help a mothers milk supply, Shredded Alder bark helps cure toothaches. What else?!" Mintpaw looked at Nightshade eagerly.

message 14: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (last edited Feb 16, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

"Let's see now," Nightshade meowed thoughtfully, thinking of all that she had learned from her mentor. "How about...Blackberry Leaves. What is the use of these leaves?"

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia "Aren't those the things that when you chew them up, they relieve the swelling of bee stings?" Mintpaw asked thoughtfully. She thought she had seen Nighshade applying it to one of the kits who had ventured too close to one of the pesky insects.

message 16: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (last edited Feb 17, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

"Very good!" Nightshade exclaimed with approval and impressed. "Now, what is a Burdock Root's use?" This one was the easiest one there was in herbs.

message 17: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw nodded, "Burdock root is chewed and applied to cuts and scrapes. It's also useful on rat bites." She spoke confidently, having faith in her response. She hoped she would prove her worth to Nightshade with her knowledge.

message 18: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

"You have been stalking me, haven't you?" Nightshade teased. "Well, since we know a lot about the herbs already, let's go check my stock." She padded a little way from the middle of the den. Nightshade glanced into holes that were on the walls. "The first hole holds Alder Bark. I put them in alphabetical order so that I can find them easily," she explained. "Only look in the holes that are holding the herbs I have taught you today. That means only look in the first.. four holes." She glanced at her newest apprentice and gently mewed, "You'll make a wonderful medicine cat. As long as keep the bad side of me inside," Nightshade added, purring with amusement as she remembered her old apprentice try to keep her from becoming upset with him. 'Oh, why did you have to go?" she thought sadly.

message 19: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw smiled, "I want to know as much as I can! I knew as a kit this was what I wanted to do, so I started to watch your every move in the clan. Don't worry, I've broken the habit now!" She grinned at the odd expression on Nightshade's face. "Now, back to what you were saying? Sorry to interrupt." Mintpaw did her best to look apologetic.

message 20: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

Nightshade looked at the young, enthusiastic apprentice and wished that they could keep going on. But she knew that if she taught her too much today, she might forget some of it.
"Why don't we find the herbs that I told you about today?" Nightshade suggested, delaying the learning as best as possible. "I'm starting to run low on herbs. And, who knows, we might come across that you could learn about." She hoped that wasn't true.

message 21: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia "Sounds great!" Mintpaw gave an excited bounce on her claws before rushing out of the den. "Where might we find some Borage leaves? I don't even know where they grow!" She opened her mouth to take in the scent of the camp. "All I can smell is dirt, nothing but dirt." Mintpaw gave a disgusted snort. "Thanks a lot StarClan! You gave us dirt, dirt and more DIRT!! How can you smell anything Nightshade?" She asked.

message 22: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

"You concentrate herder on the scent you want to follow," Nightshade answered.

message 23: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw nodded and closed her eyes. She focused hard on what she new to be Borage scent. Letting the smell wash over her she jerked her head up in excitement. "Nightshade! I smell it! This way!" Mintpaw tore across the camp to the entrance.

message 24: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

Nightshade followed Mintpaw with proud, strong strides. Good job, Mintpaw! she praised her young apprentice silently.

message 25: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Sniffing the air again, Mintpaw dashed off to a small patch of earth. Looking down, she saw small leaves poking through. "Awww. They're too small." Mintpaw sighed, "Will these be good for anything?"

message 26: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

Nightshade looked at the leaves as she padded across the clearing.
She sniffed them. "We should look for some larger leaves," she meowed, her heart sinking at the realization that these leaves were too small to hold any real healing strength. "You did very well, though. My old apprentice took moons to find his first batch of Borage Leaves." Her thoughts were ripped away from her as memories overwhelmed her. Why did you have to go, Berrypaw? she thought sadly.

message 27: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw nodded. As she left the small leaves to begin her search for larger ones, she suddenly turned to Nightshade. "What if we uprooted those small ones, brought them back to your den and planted them just outside it so we can watch them grow and your supply would never run out." She looked at her mentor hopefully. "We could do that with lots of herbs, kind of like the Twolegs do with whatever they grow! By taking good care of it you will never not have what you need!" Mintpaw got really excited at the thought of helping Nightshade grow their own herbs.

message 28: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

Nightshade thought about the idea. "That could work..." she meowed slowly. "But where would we put them? What if the warriors and apprentice- or even you or me- step on them? That would ruin the herbs and we would never be able plant the same plants." She glanced at Mintpaw. Nightshade sighed. "Tell me any safe place that I could put out of paw reach and I'll consider."

message 29: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Mintpaw sat down to think. "What if we crafted a boarder line made of sticks around the outside of it. That way the herbs could still get sun and water, but you can see it and avoid it?" She suggested.

message 30: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

Nightsgade nodded, getting excited. "Yes, that... that could work!" She licked her apprentice between the ears. "You are a smart cat," she praised. "Let's go tell the leader."

message 31: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia Feeling excited and happy to have come up with a good plan, she scampered off on the heels of Nightshade.

message 32: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia ((Where to now?))

message 33: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

((The Main Forest))

message 34: by Mahlia (new)

Mahlia ((Okay, you can post first))

message 35: by The Moon Rider, ~The way I see it, no one cares about me~ (new)

((Thx! :3))