Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Adding as a Contributer

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Dec 06, 2015 08:53AM) (new)

Amanda Butler | 72 comments Hello;

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong folder, but my question is about my status regarding the book A Celebration of Young Poets: Florida Fall 2007. My poem, "Autumnescence," is on page 74. May I add myself (I'm also a Goodreads Librarian) as a Contributor?

Thank you,
Amanda N. Butler

message 2: by Bea (new)

Bea Amanda, I added you as requested. Although you are a Goodreads Author with some abilities to edit your own books, you are not a GR librarian and will still need assistance for books that are not attributed to you.

Do you by chance have a copy of this book? There is no cover for it on GR.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Butler | 72 comments Hello;

I was a GR Librarian before I became a GR Author, and I am still able to manually add books, so I don't know what that makes my status.

Thank you! I have a copy of this book and will be scanning and uploading it as soon as I'm near a scanner.

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea I'm not really sure either, Amanda. I do know that any GR reader is able to add books as I was able to create books that were not on GR prior to becoming a librarian. I just did not have the ability to edit those same books once created.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Butler | 72 comments Hmm, that's interesting. I'll have to look into that. I added the scanned picture of the other book. I was initially hesitant of adding myself as a contributor because it is a book filled with poetry and a lot of contributors, but I did contribute a poem so I suppose it's accurate.