The Gothic Novel Book Club <Hiatus> discussion

MIA

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trinity (new)

Trinity | 803 comments Mod
Hey everyone!

I may be MIA in the coming weeks. I have had quite a few big things come up lately. I have the updates needed in the group done. Just wanted to give yoi guys a heads up in case I don't get around to posting things as often as I usually do.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Gills (new)

Gills Muir | 36 comments Take care Trinity and we'll see you when you get back. Thanks for all the work you've done in reviving the group ❤️

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (nanlewis) | 156 comments Hope everything works out OK, and your holiday break comes quickly, it's always a very busy time.

message 4: by Shaina (new)

Shaina (shainlockholmes) | 686 comments Mod
Take care, Trinity. We'll be here when you get back. Hope things don't get too crazy for you.
And most of all... we hope you get time to read too :)

message 5: by Trinity (new)

Thanks for the love and support! I have updated everything and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

message 6: by Trinity (new)

Okay, after a hellish few weeks I am back. Thank you again for understanding my absence.

message 7: by Shaina (new)

Trinity wrote: "Okay, after a hellish few weeks I am back. Thank you again for understanding my absence."

Welcome back.
Been hellish here too, cause, you know, holiday madness :-/. We're glad it's (hopefully) over for you. *throws confetti in the shape of bats and other such macabre things*

message 8: by Trinity (new)

The awful part is over. I am ready for the celebrating.

message 9: by Shaina (new)

So glad! Genuinely glad. The confetti was you know... for our gothic theme here.. ahem.. because I'm glad. Jsyk. I was being goofy and it was celebratory. Bring on the celebrating and reading for Trinity! and us all!

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (nanlewis) | 156 comments Glad you made it Trinity. Hope your break is restful and 'readful'! And yes, reading for us all, hooray :)

message 11: by Shaina (new)

Oh, clever, Michelle.

message 12: by Trinity (new)

Getting started. Reading Red Queen and The Uninvited.

message 13: by Trinity (new)

Nancy wrote: "can't do the Red Queen, don't have enough years to waste.. i know a lot of readers will love it which is great.. so enjoy while i totter into the dark recesses and dig up something with a little me..."

Wow, that was harsh. I happen to think young adult novels have a lot to bring to the table. There is almost always a story of one finding ones self and what it takes to mature. I find that appealing. I agree that there are some out there that are all fluff but I would never bash an entire genre... especially if I refused to read it.

message 14: by Trinity (new)

Nancy wrote: "Trinity wrote: "Nancy wrote: "can't do the Red Queen, don't have enough years to waste.. i know a lot of readers will love it which is great.. so enjoy while i totter into the dark recesses and dig..."

Maybe I misunderstood the comment about enough years to waste. Wasn't bashing, just stunned about the comment.