New Adult Book Club discussion

Jessica Park
This topic is about Jessica Park
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Jessica Park *CLOSED*

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth)

We are so very excited to welcome Jessica Park this week for a Q&A! Jessica is the author of the amazing books Flat-Out Love, Flat-Out Matt, Flat-Out Celeste, Clear: A Death Trippers Novel, Left Drowning, and her newest release, Restless Waters!

Ask Jessica all your questions below!

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 51 comments Is there a series/character you are most attached to?

How do you pick what city to set your novels in?

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Park | 19 comments Hi, Megan! It's hard to choose favorite characters... I am very attached to Celeste, and she seriously feels like a real person to me. As if she has a life that she leads even when I'm not writing about her, lol. But I'm also so attached to Blythe because not only has she fought so hard for herself, but she's battled to save those she loves.

As for picking cities: I tend to write about places I know. It's easier to capture the true feel of a location if I've spent time there.

Thank you for your questions!

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal  | 145 comments What was the hardest part of writing your book?

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Park | 19 comments Hey, Crystal! Outlining is ALWAYS the most difficult piece for me. I want to have the story totally in place before I start chapter one! It's important for me to know where everything is going because I think understanding the full course of the book infiltrates early chapters and a comprehensive view of how characters progress throughout.

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace (sillymssunshine) Hi Jessica -- your Flat-Out series are one of my all-time favorites! I must have re-read different sections of Flat-Out Love several times. Are you planning on adding any books to this series?

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Park | 19 comments Thanks so much, Grace! I do have some ideas to continue with another Flat book, but I'm not sure if or when that might happen. I'm trying to work on a separate standalone these days... But I am very attached to my Flat people, so we'll see!

message 8: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 120 comments Hi Jessica! I was wondering how do you choose your character names?

message 9: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character - who would you choose and why?

message 10: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Willis What is the your favourite moment(s) while writing a book?

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Park | 19 comments Beatrice- I obsess for days over characters' names, lol. There just has to be something that feels right, that clicks, and suits the character. Even "Matt" in Flat-Out Love took a while, and that's not a complicated or unusual name! I'll look through baby name books, scroll through FB and read names, etc. I make lots of lists and practice thinking about writing them... Then one will stick and I'll just know!

J.- Oh, boy, this is a toughie! If we're going with one from my books, I'd pick Julie. I really like her emotional story ARC and the sort of crazy way she fell in love.

Audrey- There are two favorite moments when writing. The first is when I hit some kind of pivotal scene, one of the ones that I've been aching to write, the reason I may have written the book in the first place... The other is, of course, when I write that last line. There is nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishment. I always say out loud, "I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I JUST WROTE ANOTHER BOOK!" :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.