eBook Miner discussion

What to do about fake review

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Nowlan | 1 comments Has anybody ever had a negative review that they believe to be false? One hour after my book was available for free on Kindle somebody posted a review saying that they couldn't read it. They have never before reviewed a book and give no reason why they didn't read it. When they saw it on Amazon at one o'clock in the morning it seemed interesting enough to get, but an hour later they gave up on it. If somebody's going to give something a one star review shouldn't they at least give some kind of reason? What's more, I've already had problems with a group of people who were found out giving fake reviews.

message 2: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 15 comments Perhaps when they said they couldn't read it, they meant they couldn't open the file? Have you checked your kindle file to make sure it works?

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed Morawski There are a lot of fake reviews going around - both 5 stars and 1 star. I have contacted Amazon numerous times but they never seem to do anything.

Of course when I try to give a FRIEND a good honest review it gets rejected every time. Go figure.

message 4: by D. (new)

D. Thrush How frustrating! Amazon doesn't seem to do anything about things like that. I got a 3 star review because the reader's computer crashed when trying to download the book. Why post that? I also have a review where a reader gave away the entire story, even the ending! You can only move on and try to get more reviews so those get buried.