#AYEARATHON discussion

December:GraphicNovels/Manga/Etc > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
How is your reading going?

Frankly any book that I manage to read I'll count as a win :) *Crosses Fingers*.

SHARLENE (MyBookishBehaviour)  (mybookishbehaviour) I agree, I'll count any book a win since this week is going to be a big one due to my birthday and family events. I've posted the majority of what I plan to read on my "currently reading" shelf and I'll be updating the progress I make on here. Happy reading to all who are participating!!!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I plan to read one of the Amulet books a day, only got books 3-6 to read,so today I'm reading book 3 which Amulet, Vol. 3: The Cloud Searchers Amulet, Vol. 3 The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3) by Kazu Kibuishi

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Sharlene wrote: "I agree, I'll count any book a win since this week is going to be a big one due to my birthday and family events. I've posted the majority of what I plan to read on my "currently reading" shelf and..."

Happy Birthday Sharlene

SHARLENE (MyBookishBehaviour)  (mybookishbehaviour) Thank you Elizabeth :)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Sharlene wrote: "Thank you Elizabeth :)"

Your very welcome

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Just got done with book 3 of the Amulet series, Amulet, Vol. 3 The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3) by Kazu Kibuishi Amulet, Vol. 3: The Cloud Searchers give it four stars,so far books 1-3 have been four stars.

message 8: by Kawtar (new)

Kawtar (thenicepenguin) | 26 comments Finished Volumes 19, 20 and 21 of The Walking Dead ( Oh may GaWWWD ) and started Chew Volume 1 ..
I'm actually reading Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman , and when i read a Neil Gaiman's book I literally can't put it down .. so i believe i'll be picking up more Graphic Novels once i'm done with it ..!
*More of TWD and Chew mainly

message 9: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 171 comments Finally kept a record of what I read (it's easy with manga) so I can do this. Completed 電撃デイジー 16 and ElfQuest Fire Eye by Wendy and Richard Pini. Caught up on Akagami no Shirayukihime - 赤髪の白雪姫, Vol. 01, Black Butler, Vol. 1, and read some Jink!.

Series Completed/Caught Up On: 4
Pages Read: 514

SHARLENE (MyBookishBehaviour)  (mybookishbehaviour) Finished reading saga vol.5. Started a series of unfortunate events book 1.

message 11: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments Secret.Fairy.Library wrote: "Been reading all day, 26 comics in total ..."
Uhm, like single issues I hope? Not volumes?
I prefer volumes, never read single issues. Single issues are annoying.

message 12: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments I've only finished one yet, and half-way through a second one. I'm writing on my final exams, due thursday, so I'm not reading as much as I would like!

message 13: by Shaeron (new)

Shaeron | 39 comments I finished "The Lighting Thief: The Graphic Novel" yesterday. I'm starting "The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel" today. I also checked out Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book Volumes 1 and 2 from the library to have more to read for the read-a-thon.

message 14: by ke-sha (new)

Sharlene wrote: "I agree, I'll count any book a win since this week is going to be a big one due to my birthday and family events. I've posted the majority of what I plan to read on my "currently reading" shelf and..."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! and Happy Reading :)

message 15: by ke-sha (last edited Dec 08, 2015 05:45AM) (new)

So Far I've read
Day One: I read The Three Incestuous Sisters by Audrey Niffenegger
and Worte a review (https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...)

Day Two: I'm currently watching "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" instead of reading more like I probably should but hey. I gots to do what I gots to do!!!

I'll probably end up reading something later and when I do I'll update then.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Just read book 4 Amulet, Vol. 4 The Last Council (Amulet, #4) by Kazu Kibuishi Amulet, Vol. 4: The Last Councilin the Amulet series, give it four stars just like the first 3,

message 17: by Bookishrealm (new)

Bookishrealm Okay so in the past two days I've read The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2 Fandemonium (The Wicked + The Divine, #2) by Kieron Gillen and Jem and The Holograms #1 (Jem and the Holograms, #1). by Kelly Thompson and I just started reading The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 (The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, #1) by Ryan North . Tonight I'll probably finish that and start on Y The Last Man, Vol. 2 Cycles (Y The Last Man, #2) by Brian K. Vaughan

message 18: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments On day 1 I read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1, and on day 2 I read the second volume. It's so much fun, especially the first one, if you have some basic knowledge about Marvel characters, since she briefly meets a lot of them!

Ashley, I'm so jealous you read Jem! I ordered if like three weeks ago, and it still hasn't arrived. Sigh...

message 19: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments Read 5 comics between yesterday and today.
Neon Joe: Comercial for a show on adultswim got it for free. So stupid.
Dynamic Duo Batman and Robin: loved it. great seeing Damian act like a boy and not someone trained with the league of assassin's
Justice League Dark: Constantine slay, don't think I'm gonna read the rest tho.
JLA: Can't wait to get the next one HIGHLY recommend
Harley's Little Black Book: I love Harley, this was fun and silly and just wonderful 10/5 stars

message 20: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 171 comments Day 2 was even bigger than day 1. I DNF'd Jink! but after I read further 113 pages. I read 58 pages of Yureka Vol. 32, 128 of xxxHOLiC: Rei Vol. 1 (Vols 7+), 110 of The Heroic Legend of Arslan, Vol. 3, all 58 pages of ElfQuest: King's Cross, and 77 pages of Hikaru no Go, Vol. 21: Great Expectations.

Page Total: 1050
Series Caught Up On: 9
Series DNF'd: 1 (that's a first)

message 21: by Shaeron (new)

Shaeron | 39 comments Finished "The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel" yesterday.

message 22: by Key (new)