Libri Labra Book Club discussion

The Murder House
This topic is about The Murder House
The Murder House > The Murder House Discussion *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Desirai (last edited Dec 14, 2015 05:36PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Desirai | 256 comments Mod
I figured we could try something a little different this month. After finishing the book, come here to ask questions/discuss it. Especially if you don't think you'll get the chance to make the book club hangout.

I'm only on chapter 3. But I gotta say, the prologue was a little unsettling considering current events. Perhaps I'm just not used to reading thrillers/mysteries.

I'm really not sure what to expect with this book. There are so many chapters and parts. Does James Patterson normally write in this format?

message 2: by Tom (last edited Dec 16, 2015 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tom | 264 comments I found the book to be a one trick pony in a way - once I got to the big reveal, then any interest I had in the book ended. I understand that many, many people love Patterson's work, but I think I look for other things in a story apart from plot.

Desirai | 256 comments Mod
I'm curious how much listening to the audiobook contributed to how we felt about it.

message 4: by Tom (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tom | 264 comments Well the characters were pretty one-dimensional regardless, so I think it would take a really awful narrator to make them moreso. For example - after it happens, we never hear about Jenna thinking about perjuring herself to get a conviction. Kinda important I'd think.