Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive (BOTM) > December 2015 Young Adult BOTM: Shatter Me

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krysta (last edited Dec 05, 2015 12:05PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Happy December!
Here is where we'll be discussing our Young Adult Book of the Month: Shatter Me.

Feel free to rate, review, and chat. Please be courteous and hide any and all spoilers with the appropriate HTML tag.

message 2: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 18 comments Im very curious how this one will turn out

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 80 comments I've had this for a while...

message 4: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 18 comments Is anyone able to loan this one out on kindle maybe??

message 5: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda whoa, $9?! I'll have to pass.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanierptr) this is one of my favorite YA series ever. I absolutely loved it and had a hard time getting into another book! Buy all three books if you can! The audiobook is fantastic as well!!!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanierptr) You might be able to check it our from your electronic public library. That's what I did. All books are loaned electronically for 14 days for free.

message 8: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Stephanie wrote: "You might be able to check it our from your electronic public library. That's what I did. All books are loaned electronically for 14 days for free."

Even the electronic have a waiting list. Mine -- a long waiting list. I live overseas on an island with few conveniences as other areas.

message 9: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 18 comments I think I'm going to have to suck it up and buy it the have an enhanced addition with video and audio.

message 10: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 18 comments it's on sell guys $1.99!

message 11: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 18 comments MadameZelda wrote: "whoa, $9?! I'll have to pass."

Its $1.99 sell on kindle!

message 12: by MadameZelda (last edited Dec 15, 2015 05:19PM) (new)

MadameZelda oh, wow! How did this happen? Thanks! Somebody upstairs felt sorry for me maybe?

message 13: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) Wow that is like the best luck ever lol I already have the whole series so I hope this one is good. I'll probably start next week.

message 14: by L.S. (new)

L.S. May | 18 comments Jennifer wrote: "I borrowed mine from the library and just started it.. It's a little weird"

I read this one a few months ago. I thought it was weird in a good way, but after a while the style got a little old.

message 15: by L.S. (new)

L.S. May | 18 comments Jennifer wrote: "I just finished Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi despite the craziness of the book I really liked it, I also can understand why Juliet is a little unhinged.. She killed a child at 14 but she didn't ..."

One of the best things about this book is how legitimately unhinged she is, right down to her thought patterns. Rather than just having her angst about the past, we see it in her. But I have to say, the plot and the world didn't really blow me away.

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments I finished Shatter Me on December 15th. :-)

This was a really good book. :-) I'm glad it's a series, because I want to know more about (view spoiler). But I'm happy that this was a complete story. I'm glad it had a happy, and hopeful (or maybe hope-filled is better), ending. :-)

You can find my review here. :-)

Is anyone interested in reading book two in January?

message 17: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Jennifer wrote: "Yeah I am, I have the book on hold so I can read it soon..despite everything I really want to follow this story and truly see how everything unfolds "

My library is buying the collection that includes the 1.5 novella. I'm hoping they get it soon. Then I can get book two, which they already own. :-)

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shatter Me (other topics)
Shatter Me (other topics)