Read Scotland 2016 discussion

A Scots Quair: Sunset Song, Cloud Howe, Grey Granite
This topic is about A Scots Quair
A Wee Craic > From Hated Book to Literary Treasure

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Peggy (peggyherself) | 167 comments Mod
Sunset Song might be a book you would want to consider this time! I loved it. Read this article about the books history and the new movie... http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/cul...

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele (harukoraharu) Sunset Song is one I haven't read though am fairly sure it was on the Scottish O level English syllabus, or at least one of the books some classes had to read at secondary school. I also missed Greenvoe at school, but read that a couple of years ago.

Peggy (peggyherself) | 167 comments Mod
Adele wrote: "Sunset Song is one I haven't read though am fairly sure it was on the Scottish O level English syllabus, or at least one of the books some classes had to read at secondary school. I also missed Gre..."

I have not read Greenvoe, Adele, but just looked it up and definitely would like to get to this next year!

message 4: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 5 comments Peggy wrote: "Sunset Song might be a book you would want to consider this time! I loved it. Read this article about the books history and the new movie... http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/cul......"

Hmmmmm......

message 5: by Marjory (new)

Marjory (merrymarjory) | 4 comments Sunset Song was a required book for my Higher English (back in 2000). I read all 3 books of 'A Scots Quair' whilst the rest of the class trudged their way through Sunset Song. Unlike most of them I really liked the books and I plan to re-read them soon.

GeraniumCat I don't think it was on the syllabus when I was doing Higher English (back in the Dark Ages!) but my English teacher recommended it, and I loved all three. My son, who's a film person, not a book person, tells me the film looks very beautiful.