Maelstrom (Whyborne & Griffin, #7) Maelstrom discussion

Buddy Read with Inge and Sofia starting 30th December!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Ingie Great! Thanks for this dear.

Sofia Thanks Bev :D

Looking forward to this girls !!!!!

Ingie Who is the dog?

Sofia Muttley of Wacky Races - I used to watch them when I was little :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Yay!! I absolutely LOVED Wacky Races and Muttley/Dick Dastardly...so funny. Guess who bought the DVD's...;)

Ingie Not on Swedish public service broadcasting back then. LoL!

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Hope we're ready for tomorrow Ladies!! When are we starting?? :D

Sofia I can do a few pages before i go to work in the morning, then it's evening reading after work for me : D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "I can do a few pages before i go to work in the morning, then it's evening reading after work for me : D"

Hi!! Hope you had a peaceful Christmas Day my dear. I'll be starting probably tomorrow evening.

Ingie I'm on a shopping and lunch date day with my 20 years nephew tomorrow so not much reading before early evening. :)

message 13: by Sofia (last edited Dec 29, 2015 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sofia So we are all in the same boat :)

It was a good quiet Christmas Bev yours?

I got guests for New Year's lunch, so the preperation is a bit hectic : D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "So we are all in the same boat :)

It was a good quiet Christmas Bev yours?

I got guests for New Year's lunch, so the preperation is a bit hectic : D"

Yes, a nice quiet Xmas Day. Son worked on Xmas Eve and Boxing Day...in fact his boss wants him working most of the time even though he's told her that he's still got course work to do and revising for a January exam, so things are a little tense and he's already prepared a letter of resignation. :(

I have started the story, enjoying the dual POV and of course catching up with Christine and Iskander.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "I'm on a shopping and lunch date day with my 20 years nephew tomorrow so not much reading before early evening. :)"

Have a wonderful time. Don't spend too much!! ;)

Sofia Ingela wrote: "I'm on a shopping and lunch date day with my 20 years nephew tomorrow so not much reading before early evening. :)"

See you this evening, hopefully relaxed not exhausted. :D

I only read chap 1 this morning before work and that was a bad idea because I did not want to stop.

My son is the same Bev, working full out these holidays to cover full timers that want vacation leave and when he is home he works on his assignments. We just keep him supplied with food and drink.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "Ingela wrote: "I'm on a shopping and lunch date day with my 20 years nephew tomorrow so not much reading before early evening. :)"

See you this evening, hopefully relaxed not exhausted. :D

I only..."

Hehe, that's why I read up to chapter 8!! So nice to get immersed into the Griff and Ival world again. :D

James' boss wants students to cover other employees, but then tries to ignore the dates they give her...not much of a boss. :(

message 19: by Ingie (last edited Dec 30, 2015 07:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie Aunt has been pretty nice and is exhausted. (view spoiler)

I start with the first chapter now. - See you!

Sofia it's awesome seeing them grown up but I miss the young times as well Ingie.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Me too Sofia, especially as I could only have one. :(

Up to chapter 12 (20%) now. Things are hotting up, and we have a mystery. The whole gang is involved, sooo exciting!! :D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "Aunt has been pretty nice and is exhausted.
At least a dozen shops (with expensive designer clothes for men) and we had a couple of bags, trendy black trousers and a stylish blue shirt. A good lu..."

They definitely grow up too quickly. Hope you got something for yourself too?? ;)

Sofia I'd better hurry up and read some as you two are chugging along.

Snap Bev, I got one too.

message 24: by Ingie (last edited Dec 30, 2015 10:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie I fell asleep on the couch... — Just @5% done, will continue before TV time.

Sofia: Yes I want them small and cuddling cute in my lap again.

Bev: I bought some unnecessary stuff on the holiday sale here in town yesterday (perfume, a shirt ..). Wanted a new winter skirt and jeans but I need to starve a week or two first. I refuse to allow myself to go up in size. :))))

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ It's amazing what you can pick up in the sales...I bought a handbag today, and some curtains, sheets and bedding online. Now I've just got to pay for them. :(

Will read some more later.

Ingie
 photo image_zpsiftyglu9.gif

“Dear lord,” I said, turning my back on whatever mayhem he caused next. “I’ll be a widower by sundown.”

Loooove these two.

Sofia Chap 7

Good choice of the Wacky Races Bev we have a fast car :)

Poor Why :P

Sofia end of chap 14 24%

immediately into the action these guys - they need a relaxing holiday :) Will read more later after I try not to panic (doing preperation for tomorrow's lunch)

message 29: by ☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ (last edited Dec 31, 2015 02:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Hehe...fast car indeed!! He just doesn't like cars does he??

32%..chapter 20. KC has sent 2 more chapters to be beta read, and I want to get them done today so tomorrow is free PLUS we've all got stinking colds so feeling fuzzy headed... you and Inge may well catch me up. Catch you later. xx

Sofia take care of those colds Bev

Ingie Still at @18% in chap 11.

I really like that it is shifting POV in every other chapter (or so) now. It is great to hear both men's thoughts about things. They are two sweeties. Mwha!!

Take care Bev and stay calm Sofia. xoxo

message 32: by ☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ (last edited Dec 31, 2015 02:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "end of chap 14 24%

immediately into the action these guys - they need a relaxing holiday :) Will read more later after I try not to panic (doing preperation for tomorrow's lunch)

"

DON'T PANIC...written in large friendly letters (Hitch-Hiker's Guide). What's done is done..what isn't?? Well, ask for some help or just leave it. You deserve a break too my lovely!! <3

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Is it just me, or are the chapters getting smaller and smaller?? I'm really enjoying it though....:D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Up to 39%, chapter 25 (the beta reading can wait....), and an attempt to kill everyone has been defeated thank goodness, thanks to an extremely powerful coming together of Ival & Griff. We're now having dinner with the evil Whyborne senior and Persephone is there too wearing a dress (would love to be a fly on the wall).

Sofia 34%

I like Persephone (view spoiler)

I like the changing POV's and short chapters as well Ingie -

Christine's wedding is going to be one hell of a party.

Panic settled - finished all the prep - 4 antipasti, gammon & veg + dessert (chocolate mousse) - So it's just the baking tomorrow. I can curl up with the books now :D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "34%

I like Persephone [spoilers removed]

I like the changing POV's and short chapters as well Ingie -

Christine's wedding is going to be one hell of a party.

Panic settled - finished all the ..."

Yay!! Relaxation time. I'll read some more after I've cooked dinner then relax with a glass or two of wine before midnight.

I like Persephone too, especially the way she always includes her brother!! :D

Sofia Hope your cold is better Bev

And

Happy New Year girls

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Can't get on the desktop otherwise I'd be sending you New Year's greetings too!! Oh joy, it's raining again....groans. Will probably keep some of the party goers indoors (she says hopefully...) ;) Try and catch you later before I depart this year for next.....:D

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Up to 46% (chapter 28). I think Ival is perfectly correct about his father (view spoiler). He's a nasty piece of work!!

Ingie  photo image_zpsqyucwaxj.gif

... sweet friends!

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Happy New Year to you both!! Someone in the village must have been having a party cos we had fireworks (and very loud they were too) around midnight.

Me?? I'd just dropped off to sleep when we got the bangs of the fireworks...typical.

How are you doing Inge?? Where are you up to?? And we know Sofia has a busy day today....Up to 60% now.

Sofia Good morning and good year my lovelies :D

We had fireworks noise near us as well Bev, i just read some W+ G through it : D

I'm at 65% i know that Christine is very distracted because if the wedding, I miss her usual self. Her choice of helpers is great though, poor Kander. I wonder about P+P, Why is oblivious as always.

I'm happy that I did all the prep yesterday as I can do everything quietly this morning, like the cooking divas on tv.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Sofia wrote: "Good morning and good year my lovelies :D

We had fireworks noise near us as well Bev, i just read some W+ G through it : D

I'm at 65% i know that Christine is very distracted because if the weddi..."

Hehe, me too...about P & P I mean. They both seemed rather keen....;)

Yep, Christine is distracted and I can't help but feel there's something else in the background that we don't know yet. W & G without her snark is like KJ Charles without humour...:(

Off out now, storage boxes required and a little food shopping, but I'll be back to this later. Ooh, and must get on with beta reading today, she's sent us another chapter. ;)

Sofia Ingie where are you?

Ingie I'm at 28% .... I promise to immediately increase my reading speed.
Loving it just other stuff to do and a funny addictive audiobook.

photo image_zps0thedoq4.gif

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "I'm at 28% .... I promise to immediately increase my reading speed.

"

**snort**

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Hi you guys! Happy New year!!!!

Isn't Persephone fantabulous? She's a fave. :D

This is an intense read, isn't it? It doesn't really ever let up!

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Ingela wrote: "I'm at 28% .... I promise to immediately increase my reading speed.

"

Baaaabyyyyy penguin!!

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ ♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ wrote: "Hi you guys! Happy New year!!!!

This is an intense read, isn't it? It doesn't really ever let up!"

No, it doesn't. I like it more than the last one, that's for definite!!

Sofia ♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ wrote: "Hi you guys! Happy New year!!!!

This is an intense read, isn't it? It doesn't really ever let up!"

Happy New Year Andrea and yes Persephone is great I like her and i love her interaction with the guys :)

« previous 1