Pakistani Readers discussion

Random > What's your personality type?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jogi (last edited Jul 11, 2017 03:23PM) (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Don't know where this topic would belong but whatever. Take the test: http://www.16personalities.com/free-p...

Will take you only 10 minutes if you do not suffer from cognitive dissonance or intellectual dishonesty. I've been curious about what kind of personalities reside in Pakistan. I'm an ENTJ-A.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

INTJ-A

message 3: by Osama (new)

Osama (0042) | 257 comments I don't think these versions of MB test are particularly well made, so maybe you'd wanna take 'em with a grain of salt.

message 4: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Osama wrote: "I don't think these versions of MB test are particularly well made, so maybe you'd wanna take 'em with a grain of salt."

They should always be taken with a grain of salt. I've taken many others too but I find this one to be easier to answer as the questions are worded more clearly. Still, it's all just for fun. We can not, ever, predict how the human mind works unless we have a definition of 'mind'.

message 5: by Sana (new)

Sana | 1515 comments ENFP PERSONALITY (“THE CAMPAIGNER”)

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive.
Oriah Mountain Dreamer
The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

message 6: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Lowlife E-type ppl. I feel sorry for you.

message 7: by Daniyal (new)

Daniyal Kaleem | 1310 comments ISFP-A

message 8: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
INTP-T

@Genio E type has emotions which z in need...

message 9: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Aakash wrote: "INTP-T

@Genio E type has emotions which z in need..."

I thought I was the only INTP. Now I got competition. Shii...

E type has the ability to waste time on the most unnecessary things.

message 10: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments INFJ-T

THE ADVOCATE

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

:P

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments Sana wrote: "ENFP PERSONALITY (“THE CAMPAIGNER”)

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interes..."

I got ENFP too once,when I took the official Myer's Briggs test in grade 7th I think.

Amna wrote: "INFJ-T

THE ADVOCATE

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their rea..."

like a hero! :D

Mine was: 'Mediator' (INFP)

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

True for me ^_^

INFP's are guided by their principles rather than logic.  When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
-J. R. R. Tolkien

thanks for sharing this test! ;)

message 12: by Uzair (new)

Uzair | 1007 comments I am an INTP-T,for once Genio i agree with you 16personality is the best site.And now i know why you are so aggressive you're not trying to be funny YOU'RE a HATER (hence INTP-A)

message 13: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Ozair wrote: "I am an INTP-T,for once Genio i agree with you 16personality is the best site.And now i know why you are so aggressive you're not trying to be funny YOU'RE a HATER (hence INTP-A)"

Actually, I recently took the test again and got INTP-T.

Oh khudaya, kis ki bad-dua lag gai hai mujhe?

message 14: by Uzair (last edited Mar 27, 2016 08:10AM) (new)

Uzair | 1007 comments idk maybe someone you hated when you were a hater?XD
Well Actually you have brought this on your self for i have embraced the way of Trolling

message 15: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Maybe you should hustle as hard as you hate. Then you'll understand why I do what I do.

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara Saif | 630 comments "Defender" ISFJ-T

message 17: by Uzair (new)

Uzair | 1007 comments Genio honestly i have no idea what you mean by that but OK

message 18: by Maira (new)

Maira | 5852 comments Mod
The consul...Sentinal ESFJ A

message 19: by Midhat (new)

Midhat | 117 comments INFJ (The Advocate)

message 20: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Midhat wrote: "INFJ (The Advocate)"

INFJ and INTJ are like the only personality types I get along with. You're a lucky one.

message 21: by Komal (new)

Komal (k0k0) | 219 comments INTJ-A

But you knew that, Genio.

message 22: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments DONDOKE!
What the hell are you doing here?!
THIS IS MY LAIR NOW!

message 23: by Komal (new)

Komal (k0k0) | 219 comments Buzz off, noob. I was among the first here.

message 24: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments I finally found another INFJ !!! :D <3

message 25: by Feyzan (new)

Feyzan - The Raven Boy (ravenboy) | 54 comments INFJ :)

message 26: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha | 975 comments ENTJ AKA Something about being commanding?

Anyone who belongs to my umm faction?

message 27: by Uzair (new)

Uzair | 1007 comments You get along with INTJ's and INFJ's but not a fellow INTP-T??????

message 28: by Seher Alvi (new)

Seher Alvi | 1131 comments INTP T :)

message 29: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments INFJ are the rarest personality of all but they don't seem to be lacking here. :P

message 30: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Amna wrote: "INFJ are the rarest personality of all but they don't seem to be lacking here. :P"

Goodreads is a place for:
1. Eccentrics
2. Show-offs

INFJs are usually of the first type.

message 31: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments @Genio Hahahaha thank you. :P

message 32: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Amna wrote: "@Genio Hahahaha thank you. :P"

You may not realize it but I'm actually praising INFJs to garner their attention to me.

message 33: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Mediator (INFP-t)

:p

message 34: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments Personalities I get along with best are INFP and INTP. :P

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2016 11:43AM) (new)

This test is BS... you guys shouldn't take it seriously. Humans are very complicated and while it might be comforting to think that everyone fits into one out of sixteen personality types... in reality, people are not that simple.
https://youtu.be/Q5pggDCnt5M
All the results of this test are positive and make you feel good about yourself. Why doesn't it list negative traits too? And the descriptions are so vague and general, they could apply to anyone at all. This is like a horoscope, but with bunk 'science' to back it up lol.

message 36: by Jogi (last edited Apr 14, 2016 08:20AM) (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Asad wrote: "This test is BS... you guys shouldn't take it seriously. Humans are very complicated and while it might be comforting to think that everyone fits into one out of sixteen personality types... in rea..."

"Humans are very complicated" - You need to have a word with John Broadus Watson.

"All the results of this test are positive" - how much do you know about MBTI again?

" Why doesn't it list negative traits too?" - Holy shit! they're in THERE!

"This is like a horoscope, but with bunk 'science' to back it up lol." - Someone knows nothing of cognitive functions.

Your human ego is just hurt because someone made an attempt at defining you. Actually, it's not even 'defining' people. It's 'describing' them. The definition of human has already been found: We're a species. I never claimed that MBTI is perfect - it's far from it. Am I believing in it? sure. Why? because it's fun. And why is it fun? because I love generalizing. Why do I love generalizing? because generalizations are inaccurate and only non-tautologies leave room for discussions.

That video outright ignores the 'cognitive functions' upon which MBTI is based. It's targeting the aspect of 'test' which of course isn't a fault with MBTI itself but rather with human biases - cognitive bias, cognitive dissonance etc.

If you wish to criticize MBTI, do so on bases on behaviorism. Pls no false dichotomies.

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2016 08:46AM) (new)

Fair enough. MBTI is purely for entertainment purposes. It doesn't have any practical use. Lol, I could care less that some test attempts to define or describe me. Sure, it's accurate on some days, and totally false on other days, just like every other personality test.
The test is an extreme over simplification of what happens in our minds.
And as for cognitive functions.. lol.. do you mean to say that YOU know nothing about them? Because one of us took a course in that topic... and I'm guessing that it wasn't you :p I don't like how so many people develop a kind of religious conviction about behavioral theories. Yes, they are useful in attempting to predict how people behave but the science is still in its infancy and nothing is set in stone. We've barely scratched the surface of what makes up our 'self' and mind. There's no justification for making the current model of behavioral sciences the be all and end all.
Also, I suggest that you have a word with David M. Boje.

message 38: by Jogi (last edited Apr 14, 2016 09:15AM) (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments I could care less

Sure you could.

"The test is an extreme over simplification of what happens in our minds" - The test pertains to behaviorism and behaviorism, essentially, studies the culmination (which becomes behavior behavior) of the neuro-physiological processes.

David M. Boje has almost nothing to do with Psychology. And behaviorism sure is in its infancy but are you going to deny psychiatry and its various benefits?

" I don't like how so many people develop a kind of religious conviction about behavioral theories." - Who does? Stop projecting your insecurities.

"We've barely scratched the surface of what makes up our 'self' and mind." - Those two questions are the first thing that psychoanalysts ignore.

"There's no justification for making the current model of behavioral sciences the be all and end all." - Sure, but what's your point?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll write more later as I'm a bit busy right now.. But you said
""We've barely scratched the surface of what makes up our 'self' and mind." - Those two questions are the first thing that psychoanalysts ignore."
Wow. This shows that you don't know anything about psychoanalysis at all if you're claiming that self and mind are ignored by psychoanalysis. Just wow.

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2016 09:31AM) (new)

But then, there's nothing more to write. You didn't make any points apart from that. The rest of your reply was just counter questioning.
Look up appeal to authority. I've noticed that you rely on that entirely too much in your arguments instead of making your own points.

message 41: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Asad wrote: "I'll write more later as I'm a bit busy right now.. But you said
""We've barely scratched the surface of what makes up our 'self' and mind." - Those two questions are the first thing that psychoan..."

Mind is precariously defined and the question of mind doesn't even concern psychoanalysts. If psychoanalysts tried answering the mind-body problem then they'd be stuck doing that - for all eternity. 'Self' is another term which has almost no function in psychoanalysis because it's already defined. Your arguments don't make sense.

I know appeal to authority. But seriously, when your arguments only require me to give you a primer in psychology, what else can I do?

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2016 10:03AM) (new)

You can attempt to debate calmly without being condescending all the time. Just because my opinions are different from yours doesn't make my points less valid. You get stuck on basic definitions as if I have no clue about what we're talking about instead of moving ahead with the conversation.
As for mind and self, my point was that we have NOT defined them definitively, which means that current theories are just theories, not the gospel truth.
Instead of claiming that my arguments make no sense, you can ask for elaboration and clarification of what you do not understand. Instead, you make blanket statements as if you're the sole authority on the subject and so you keep going round in circles, stuck on what you consider to be the facts, instead of moving on. That's very anal retentive of you.

message 43: by Jogi (last edited Apr 14, 2016 10:06AM) (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Please answer as perspicuously as you can the question: "Why is understanding mind and self objectively, important for behaviorists?".

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2016 11:47AM) (new)

Why are you asking me that question? lol. Your style of debating is very weird. Do you ask random questions like that just to annoy others and ignore points that differ from yours? :p
It's not important to understand mind in the behaviorist doctrine. Mind is already defined in a general sense. Behaviorists consider ideas about one's own introspective states of mind as useful data that helps in understanding the motives and behavior of a person.
The self is simply the self perception of your own mind in the behaviorism doctrine.
In the broader study of psychoanalysis however, the theory of mind is constantly evolving over time. Freud's theories are largely obsolete now, although they're a good introduction to psychoanalysis for a newcomer to psychology.
Umm... do you have any more random questions for me? I guess there's no point in me saying anything, because you cannot debate in a normal manner. You just ignore whatever I say and instead just like to make false and blanket statements about what I know and mean, ahhh... whatever lol

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2016 10:27AM) (new)

Also... you do realize that traditional psychoanalysis is very outdated, unreliable and basically obsolete.. don't you? Or are you just old fashioned in that way? hahaha

message 46: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 484 comments Behaviorists consider ideas about one's own introspective states of mind as useful data understanding motives and behavior of a person.

You answered your own question. And if you've forgotten what your question was:
We've barely scratched the surface of what makes up our 'self' and mind. There's no justification for making the current model of behavioral sciences the be all and end all.

Ok, not exactly interrogative but a question nonetheless (every argument is a sort of a question except for the last winning argument).

Model for mind and self are either Jungian or Freudian or their offspring. MBTI is based on Jungian typology of the personality traits. What exactly is your critique here? that this theory isn't perfect?
Who said it was?
And why should that be strong enough to put a ban on MBTI?

message 47: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2016 10:40AM) (new)

Lmao... calm down. Where did I ever say that MBTI should be banned? All I said was that no one should take it as a serious test that truthfully and accurately describes their personality. I didn't say that it should be BANNED. It was you that came after me in a very combative manner after I said that.
Personally I'm a big fan of Jung and his THEORIES about archetypes and other topics.
My critique was that people should not consider the MBTI personality types as something that defines them perfectly. Not everyone is as intelligent as you are, and they might not be aware that the theory isn't perfect, so I was just helping them realize it :p
I didn't have a problem. You started all the questioning and interrogation after my simple explanation of why MBTI shouldn't be considered as the absolute truth. So what was your problem?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

And you were right, there ARE negative traits in the test. I didn't find any in the tests I came across before. But this one is really accurate and scientific (sarcasm)
https://zombiesintelligently.com/non-...

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

So yeah... give me a pellucid explanation about what your problem was exactly. What was your point?

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2016 10:59AM) (new)

Also, btw, Jung and Freud aren't the only people who came up with good models of mind and self. Lots of other people came up with great models but I guess since they didn't have good publicity agents lol, those theories haven't become as mainstream as the theories of these two guys have.
Check this one out. I love it. It makes a lot of sense and can be applied and observed practically too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-c...
If you're interested I can upload some GREAT books that revolve around this model and some other great theories, on my dropbox. Books like 'Prometheus Rising' , 'Quantum Psychology' , 'Angel Tech' and some others. They're really mind expanding books with great theories that you probably haven't read about yet.

« previous 1