Goodreads Secret Santa discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Secret Santa > PRESENTS!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 300 (300 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (thatgirlbookworm) | 509 comments Mod
So Melissa had a good idea here!!

This is a thread to let us know when you've received your book! This way, when we know our person has received their book we can reveal ourselves!
You can also let us know if you opened it (I'm gonna try to wait till christmas eve or as close as I can get without dying of excitement) and what you got (except I know them all hehe)!!

This thread is not for revealing yourself, I mean you can, but I suggest not doing it here because then people will know who they don't have and can eventually figure it out. But after Christmas, you can definitely tell everyone who you got!

message 2: by yassi (new)

yassi I just got my book. I don't know who it's from - so please let me know who you are Secret Santa. I got a Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas - I'm so excited to read this book. I loved the Throne of Glass series so far, so I'm sure I'll like this as well.

They also send me a super cute little message and amazon packed it with a little green band - AND I JUST REALIZED THAT I SHOULD HAVE WAITED TILL CHRISTMAS BUT I THOUGHT IT IS A PACKAGE THAT I ORDERED AND THEN I JUST RIPPED IT OPEN BECAUSE I'M ANNOYING LIKE THAT.

So, I hope you can all wait this christmas because ... that's the spirit.

Thank you so so so much to my Secret Santa. Please say Hi if you can :)

message 3: by Mel (new)

That's exciting Yasmin!!! If they don't contact you or don't see this I will let them know you received it :D

message 4: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 98 comments i did not see a place to send a note because i am a dummy. so after the great reveal, "my" person can just picture me doing a little christmas dance and tossing confetti about the room.

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* (karly-thevampireninja) karen wrote: "i did not see a place to send a note because i am a dummy. so after the great reveal, "my" person can just picture me doing a little christmas dance and tossing confetti about the room."

Bwahahaha.... I didn't see a note option either.

I'm just going to send a message after Christmas.

message 6: by Mel (new)

I'll be revealing after my person says they received their book (should be soon since its shipped)

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* (karly-thevampireninja) I might do that too.... depends if my Santaee waits til Christmas to open, though.

Mine's en route to my Santaee, as well.

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I forgot to add a note with mine too. Oops....

But I'll just send my person a message once its time, LOL!!!

message 9: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 61 comments yeah I don't think mine had note space either, haha

message 10: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineheneghan) I received my book today!!!! Gonna try to make it til Christmas, but I have serious self control issues so who knows. So excited!!

message 11: by Mel (new)

I just love knowing what everyone is getting lol

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veras (melissaverasr) oooh I'm excited for you guys!

message 13: by yassi (new)

yassi I forgot to send a note as well, my Secret Santa contacted me and inspired me to send a little letter to my Secret Santa - so I just did that. I hope it makes her smile :')

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura Yassi, enjoy your present! I loved that book.

message 15: by Kelly (last edited Dec 09, 2015 09:39AM) (new)

Kelly (kellydillien) It's very exciting that the first present arrived already!!

message 16: by Steph (new)

Steph | 39 comments I also forgot to add a note as well. Oh well! I will just do a reveal when my person says they received their's.

message 17: by Dee (new)

Dee | 10 comments I received my package today!!! Looking forward to it!!!' Plus one thing I forgot to add note for the person I have for book to send.

message 18: by Carol (new)

Carol E. (mngiraffe) Lucky, Dee! Are you going to open it? Are you going to open it???

message 19: by yassi (new)

yassi Laura wrote: "Yassi, enjoy your present! I loved that book."

Thank you! I'm sure I will!

message 20: by book.to.frame (new)

book.to.frame (booktoframe) I received my present yesterday! It was from Amazon, and I was expecting two packages that day, so I accidentally opened it. Oops! But, I love the book I got. Im still going to wrap it and put it under the tree, lol.

message 21: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellydillien) Cherish V wrote: "I received my present yesterday! It was from Amazon, and I was expecting two packages that day, so I accidentally opened it. Oops! But, I love the book I got. Im still going to wrap it and put it u..."

Yayy!!!! What book did you get? :D (And that's actually a super cute idea that I might steal. Wrapping it and putting it under the tree, I mean.)

message 22: by Dalar (new)

Dalar P | 20 comments I just got my book! Haven't opened it yet. But thanks Secret Santa! I didn't add a note to my person's present either since I sent it directly with the website that I got it on, but I hope they like it!

message 23: by Mel (new)

You got yours already Dalar??? It was sent on Tuesday hahahah

message 24: by Dalar (new)

Dalar P | 20 comments Mel wrote: "You got yours already Dalar??? It was sent on Tuesday hahahah"

Yeah, it was sent as a priority mail.

message 25: by Mel (new)

Oh wow! Yay :) what book did you get? I didn't know what yours was

message 26: by Dalar (new)

Dalar P | 20 comments I don't know, I haven't opened it yet. I'm gonna do it now. :)

message 27: by Dalar (new)

Dalar P | 20 comments I just opened the box, and its gift wrapped, I don't know if I should open it or not! :/

message 28: by Dee (new)

Dee | 10 comments Carol, I have not opened it yet but I will ! It's under my tree for now...

message 29: by Mel (new)

I don't recommend it Dalar!

message 30: by Dalar (new)

Dalar P | 20 comments I'll try my best Mel. :)

message 31: by book.to.frame (last edited Dec 10, 2015 08:49PM) (new)

book.to.frame (booktoframe) Kelly, I thought of the wrapping because I have a 3 year old and she loves books and I thought it would be neat both of us opening books as gifts on xmas.

I got The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White!
It has been on my To-read list Forever, so it just moved up on my priorities.

message 32: by Mel (new)

Yay!!! I am glad everyone likes theres! I hope mine comes Monday and I am excited :D I already know what I am getting though.

message 33: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (bitemelovely) I cannot wait until the person I sent too gets their book so I can reveal myself as their Secret Santa. :D I didn't know you could add a note, so I didn't do one. :(

message 34: by Mel (new)

the best part of you guys receiving your books is I get to delete my confirmation email!! Lol I just have so many emails that my phone is yelling at me about space

message 35: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 61 comments Haha Mel I've hung onto my confirmation email too, I'm the same way. My inbox has about 6 confirmations waiting to be deleted, between Ebay purchases, Etsy, and Book Depository.

message 36: by Mel (new)

yes ugh the worst!! Like my favorite part of the semester for school is deleting all my emails of conversations with professor haha (except one because I'm getting her into trouble with it but yeah diff story)
but yeah 45 emails in my inbox is not idea and I have them flagged so I wouldn't lose track lolol but I got to delete 3 so it's a start!!

message 37: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellydillien) Oh oops. I never delete my emails...

Jasmine, I could add a note because I ordered through Amazon instead of Book Depository for my Secret Santa!

message 38: by Mel (new)

Anyone else get their books??

message 39: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (bitemelovely) Kelly wrote: "Oh oops. I never delete my emails...

Jasmine, I could add a note because I ordered through Amazon instead of Book Depository for my Secret Santa!"

Oh okay :D

message 40: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (bitemelovely) Mel wrote: "Anyone else get their books??"

Nope not yet. My mum says I kept stalking the mail man/the mail van waiting for it. :')

message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura Jasmine wrote: "Mel wrote: "Anyone else get their books??"

Nope not yet. My mum says I kept stalking the mail man/the mail van waiting for it. :')"

Nope not yet! Hoping it arrives on Monday!!

message 42: by Catriona (new)

Catriona (catriona19) Mel wrote: "Anyone else get their books??"
Nope not yet. I have a few things I ordered for other people coming as well. I'm getting my son to open the boxes and wrap my book for me so it stays a surprise for Christmas :)

message 43: by Mel (new)

That's a cute idea catriona!!
I have 2 book depository packages expected this week so I might actually do this. Well I know my book already but yeah haha

message 44: by SpookySoto (new)

SpookySoto (wsoto3) I find book depository slow, or maybe Amazon prime spoiled me :)

message 45: by Mel (new)

I think it's that one Wendy!! Lol Amazon prime spoiled me so much and now everything else doesn't feel the same.

message 46: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veras (melissaverasr) Book Depository is soo slow, especially for latin american countries :(

Amazon Prime FTW.

message 47: by Mel (new)

Yes Melissa!! My friend lives in Mexico and it even takes like 4 weeks for her.

message 48: by Ashley Marie (last edited Dec 14, 2015 09:59AM) (new)

Ashley Marie  | 61 comments Hopefully everything from Book Depository gets delivered soon! I find it irritating that their Order Tracking feature does not in fact give you a tracking number; instead it only says "Dispatched" on whatever date.

message 50: by Mel (new)

Same Ashley!! it's annoying!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.