Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Weekly checkins > 12/4 Week 48

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments I think I am officially more excited about the 2016 challenge than I am about this year's at this point.

I did manage to finish a book I own but had never read last week. That leaves me with four challenges left. Four weeks to go. This $hit is about to get real! Yikes! (Apologies if the language offends.)

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments Lol I'm definitely looking more forward to next year's books! I finished a book turned into or based on a tv show (bones buried deep based on the show bones). I only have one prompt left but I have a reeeeeeeeally boring stupid book club book that (of course) doesn't fit my last prompt: oh well.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) | 158 comments This week, I finished The Book Thief (place you want to visit). It's actually set in a fictional German town near Munich, but I just want to go to Germany in general, so it works well enough. I'm behind, but I'm still confident that I can finish the challenge. I have a couple flights across the country coming up for Christmas, so I foresee myself catching up fairly well on those.

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments Juanita, you did post this yesterday.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I've got halfway through my Pulitzer Prize winner book and I've started reading Richard II (the Shakespeare play) although I understand very little of what's going on!

message 6: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments Tara wrote: "Juanita, you did post this yesterday."

This is what happens when you try to open threads from your iPhone instead of an actual computer. *sigh*

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments Yeah they always go in the general folder

message 8: by Kaci (new)

Kaci | 67 comments I'm also skipping ahead (in my mind) to 2016. I'm still working on this years but my motivation is definitely dwindling. I'm in the middle of a few books right now, but at least I'm enjoying them!

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I just finished Go Set a Watchman. It was the last book on my list and went in the "A book published this year" category. Whew!

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (mghrt06) | 540 comments I finished one book that didn't fit in to the challenge but still counts for my goodreads reading goal. I keep getting caught up in the Hallmark holiday movies - I just can't stop watching!

This week I'm already doing way better than last. I think seeing the 2016 list has motivated me to push through. Three to go.

Good luck everyone, don't give up yet!

message 11: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments Katherine wrote: "I just finished Go Set a Watchman. It was the last book on my list and went in the "A book published this year" category. Whew!"

Congratulations, Katherine! Woo hoo!

message 12: by Nadine in NY (new)

Nadine in NY Jones | 6298 comments Mod
I'm reading my last book for the 2015 Challenge, a Christmas novella which I had intentionally saved for December (A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong). But really I've spent the week so far researching books I can read for the 2016 Challenge, that's much more fun!

message 13: by Beth (new)

Beth Since I last checked in in October I have read 6 books:
* One for the Money (book you own, but haven't read)
* Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic (banned book)
* The Picture of Dorian Gray (over 100 years old)
* The Yellow Wallpaper (color in title)
* Men Explain Things to Me (female author)
* Wuthering Heights (love triangle)

That brings my total for the year to 38. I have reshuffled my list (again) , moved some books to my 2016 list and replaced them with shorter books I think I can finish before the end of the year. I am currently reading A Wrinkle in Time (book from your childhood) and listening to The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror (book set at Christmas). I should be able to finish both within the next day or two. I have a few other audiobooks that I can listen to while finishing my holiday baking and knitting. And I should be able to read a few more short books too.

I came to terms with not finishing the challenge months ago, but I think I might be able to get to 45 books for the year. That would be far more books than I have ever finished in one year. Oh yeah, and I listened to the entire Harry Potter series again and didn't count any of those towards the challenge. So, not too bad. :)

message 14: by Nicole (last edited Dec 12, 2015 06:28PM) (new)

Nicole I missed this thread last week! I look so forward to all the updates of Challenge lists. I read prompt #46 (Christmas) Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews. I've decided to bow out of the challenge and enjoy my Christmas reading for the rest of the year. Good luck to all you working towards finishing! It's been a fun reading year. I'm taking 2016 off from challenges :) I'm curious to see how my reading goes. I've read far far more books than I ever have over the past several years I've took up reading again. I think that is pretty cool in itself. I never imagined I would read 46 (and counting) books in a year!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.