What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Solutions to Every Emergency Ever? Yellow/Black Book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (last edited Dec 04, 2015 06:28PM) (new)

Morgan | 8 comments I saw this book at BAM a few months ago and when I went to the store last week it was gone. It was in the reference section. I'm pretty sure it was yellow with black writing. It was titled something like "Solutions to Every Emergency."

The book literally had solutions to any problem you could think of: a snake bite, flat tire, tornado, etc. I really want to get it as a Christmas gift for someone but I just can't think of the correct title! It was about as big as a legal pad and standard number of pages, not thick but not thin. Any help would be appreciated!!

It had to be published fairly recently; maybe 5-7 years old?

message 2: by Katherine (last edited Dec 04, 2015 05:45PM) (new)

Katherine Fluty (keikodesuu) | 6 comments Was it The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook? I remember skimming through a book in Costco many years ago that sounds exactly like the one you described, perhaps this is the same one? I know it's different title, but hopefully this can help lead you in the right direction!

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 8 comments Katherine wrote: "Was it The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook? I remember skimming through a book in Costco many years ago that sounds exactly like the one you described, perhaps this is the same one? ..."

Unfortunately no. It was more "new," I remember the cover being bold with the black lettering/silhouettes/design.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 98 comments Oh my gosh I think I used to have this book but I don't remember it. :/ I'll try to think on it.

message 6: by Morgan (last edited Dec 04, 2015 07:57PM) (new)

Morgan | 8 comments Jessica wrote: "How to Amputate a Leg and Other Ways to Stay Out of Trouble: True Tales from War Zones and Other Disaster Areas?"

Close but still not it. Thank you anyway! It did have stuff like this in it. I think there might have been a silhouette of a bear on the cover and some black stripes somewhere on it.

message 7: by M (last edited Dec 05, 2015 10:00AM) (new)

M (buffetoflies) | 126 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook by Joshua Piven?

He has other books that are yellow along those lines as well.

this one's aimed more at kids: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

I think its pretty probable that you saw one of Jeremy Pivens books with a new edition cover. A handbook type thing like that would still sell even if the first publication was 10 or so years ago.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Morgan, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Morgan, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.