Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Looking to Beta Read

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annette (last edited Dec 04, 2015 05:03PM) (new)

Annette Abernathy | 158 comments Sierra,

Looking for new eyes, let me now if interested. If so, contact me at molly.seay@gmail.com

Married Annice and Jeremy Brilane have it all. Wealthy doctors whose passion for each other still transcends the illicit after four years and two babies. They are truly stupid happy despite past demons who want to come out and play until one night a mistake from Jeremy's past reaches into the future to shatter Annice's bubble of safety. Traumatized, Annice watches her daughter Angela succumbs to the shock of that night while her marriage to her perfect man deteriorates giving her demons control. Annice and Jeremy, brilliant and gifted in the world but lacking in their minds and hearts, must learn what real love is before another threat surfaces to keep them apart for good. Sensual, raw, candid, and intimate this story explores the darker, often-hidden side of being in love.

message 2: by OS (new)

OS | 4 comments Hi Sierra,

I need some feedback on the first 11k of a fantasy/sci fi novel. Tough-skinned comments are great! I'm happy to return the favor if you do any writing yourself.

Here's a blurb:

"It’s over two millennia since Azara, one of the last immortals on the planet unified the 9 islands into a single government. By now, the original history of the world i all but forgotten. Technologies that were once commonplace are now considered dangerous magic reserved only for the chosen few. Those citizen who hold even local political power can expect marriages arranged only to those raised in the goddesses’ own academies. Any insubordination of word, or action is quick to result in punishment or death. If the goddess is to believed, she is always watching, and always listening.
There are a few who either know of the world that once was or dream of a new world yet to be. They struggle to find each other, protect each other, and find any hope at all at bringing the earthly goddess’ reign to an end."

message 3: by Quoleena (new)

Quoleena Sbrocca (qjsbrocca) Hi Sierra,

I'm looking for an avid reader who's not afraid to be blunt. I have the 1st 14 chapters of my YA Fantasy ready to go. The book is around 80k words. If you're interested, I'll send you the pdf. Thanks!

Description
In the dawn of The Rebirth Period, a new species of humans dominates the Earth. In the first hours of their second year of life, they experience the Luminescence and awaken to a mystical ability. Except one. Her name is Rayne. Her peers mock her because she has no higher ability. In the early hours of her 17th birthday, she experiences a night which will change this.

The Luminescence has come 15 years too late, and no one can tell her why. As each day brings new discoveries and unprecedented power, the only thing she knows for certain is she is still different. She still stands alone.

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra  (sierravl) | 20 comments Quoleena you can send me your story via email. sunshinemomof2@outlook.com

message 5: by Quoleena (new)

Quoleena Sbrocca (qjsbrocca) Thank you, Sierra. I just emailed you.

message 6: by Hailey (last edited Dec 08, 2015 08:25PM) (new)

Hailey Gonzales (hailey_gonzales) | 6 comments Hi Sierra! I was hoping you would beta read for me. My novel is a YA fantasy that's 118k so far. I'm almost finished editing it. It'll be done in about 10 days, but I have the first few chapters ready.
If you're interested you can email me at haileygonzales.hgg@gmail.com

Here's the description:

The Red Rose, said to have the power to heal the Earth. Looking across the dying land, Fay knew she had to do something. But when she tries, things go horribly wrong, and she's left to pick up the mess.

Ronan didn't know why the sixteen year old war had started. He just knew that he was fighting it. When the people start developing powers, he gets worried. If they keep fighting, will they be destroyed? And who is the Messenger?

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Pal | 4 comments Dear Sierra,

I have a completed novel 105k words new adult/coming of age, dystopian, romance about a girl who falls in love with a psychic man. There are plot twists and the story is written in the first person.

I am looking for a beta reader like yourself who is not afraid to give blunt criticism. I want to learn and improve and would appreciate any suggestions/comments. If you are available, I can email you my word document. It is in 28 Chapters.

My email address is brahmsbie@hotmail.com

Many thanks,

Bonnie (31, female, England)

message 8: by Teri (new)

Teri Dluznieski (horsewisevt) | 23 comments Hi Sierra,

here is blurb for book one of a 3(?) book series, book 2 is in beta-stage, as yet still untitled.

I need to make edits on book 1, in the beginning, and add a chapter, perhaps, at the end. other than that, the editing is fairly polished spelling/ grammar/typos etc and the story-writing flows smoothly based on prior feedback.

I am looking for creative suggestions on book 1, and also on book 2 which needs the full range of feedback:)

blurb of book 1- cafe of the hungry ghosts. speculative fiction/ fantasy, low 50k word range.

There is the world we know: the Seen. All around that, lies the Unseen. The Shaman stands between these two worlds that weave together in an intricate dance. The Unseen worlds are vast, and filled with things beyond our comprehension. But the Unseen affects us, either way.

Wayra is one of the last of the Andean Shaman. She grew up learning all the secret mysteries of life and the universe. In school, she studies the Environment. Outside of school, Mountains, rivers, and clouds speak to her. She journeys between the realms of the living, and the dead: tuned into those countless energies that affect our world. In the ordinary world, she struggles to find her place- both as a young adult, and as a healer. A healer in a society that no longer understands the power and importance of cosmic forces.

At 19, Wayra is coming into her power- finding confidence as she navigates these worlds. Suddenly, there is something new in the Unseen: stalking Wayra. It begins with trivial things, but quickly becomes bigger things. Chaotic terrifying dreams in unknown landscapes become omens of danger to come. Her animal totems disappear from her life, her friends are in danger. The darkness in the Unseen begins consuming her life. Wayra must figure out what the force drawing toward her is, because it might be more than her own personal world at stake.

message 9: by Augustus (new)

Augustus Longstreet | 26 comments Hi Sierra! I am seeking beta reader for my 130k thriller, Killing in Kamchatka. Let me know if you are interested.

It's a “Tom Clancy meets The Relic” thriller, where one man's life is forever altered when the line between predator and prey blurs as he finds himself entangled in a cover-up.

I have been working on this novel since 2011. It has gone through several drafts and I wanted to bring this latest version out into the sunlight of beta readers. It is not erotic, and there is no cursing, but people die violently.

Thank you for your time,

Henry

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (heathertt) | 37 comments Hi Sierra,
I've got a 53k word women's fiction/contemporary romance that I could really use some feedback on. Here's a blurb...

I have the best of everything. From the couture clothes, private jets and family homes around the globe, I am THAT girl. The girl all others emulate. The girl all others envy. But looks can be deceiving. And in my family, deception is an art form. So, I bide my time and count the days until I’m free.

But then he comes along and blows a hole, not only through my well thought plans, but worse, my heart. Just when it was getting good, just when I thought I could have my own slice of the happiness pie, my world is torn apart and I am deceived once again. But what I thought was a hurtful lie, quickly spirals into something far more destructive.

Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks!
Heather
hezntax@gmail.com

message 11: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (superphoenix) | 19 comments Hi Sierra,

I am looking for a betareader for a short fantasy book I have written. There are elements of magic and supernatural in it. If you are interested pls comment here or email me ssimon95@gmail.com and I will send across more details to you.

Regards,
Shirley

message 12: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Ekeke (ccekeke) | 19 comments Hi Sierra,

Do you have any openings for beta reads in March? If so, I have a 145k word military scifi/space opera novel finished but in draft. It's the third in the Star Brigade series. If you're interested, I can email a synopsis your way. Thanks!

- Charles

message 13: by Kathleane (new)

Kathleane O'Leary | 18 comments Hello Sierra,
I don't know if this genre is what you like to read, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

I have a 24k word low carb cookbook and am looking for a beta reader. I'm looking for a bird's eye feedback rather than grammar and spelling. I would love to know what you find confusing or conflicting, missing or repetitive.