The Girl On The Train

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
Our book starting December 6th.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Okay I had no idea it takes place in London.

message 3: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
Was I the only one who didn't make the connection that Megan is Jess? HAH! I liked the way it was set up. I completely didn't realize it until it was mentioned.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

How far are you!

message 5: by Lilith (new)

I'm on page 113

message 6: by Deborah (new)

I am only a few pages in.

message 7: by Lilith (new)

I think it's really good so far...but "instant best-seller"? Hmmm....we'll see...gonna have to keep reading to see if I concur.

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Okay I am on the first Megan chapter and I think you are right. The train going by her house.

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Okay so Rachel rides the train everyday to watch Megan and Scott. And Megan used to be a nanny for her ex. Creepy. She sure does like to drink.

message 10: by Lilith (new)

In reference to the upcoming cast for the movie, I really don't see Emily Blunt as Rachel. The way the character is described, it just doesn't seem to fit 100%.

message 11: by Lilith (new)

Like made for TV movies, this makes me think of a made for movie book. I almost feel like in a way, I'm reading the script for the movie. The flow of the book, the way it's slow and steady in the beginning and middle, then all of a sudden very suspenseful is exactly like it would be in a movie.

message 12: by Deborah (new)

I am going to finish this today!!!!

message 13: by Deborah (new)

A corkscrew. I sure didn't see that coming. Wow, for as messed up as Rachel was she sure did figure things out.

message 14: by Lilith (new)

This movie is coming to theaters here on October 7th!!

message 15: by Deborah (new)

So soon!! I must go see it.

message 16: by Lilith (new)

If everything works out, I will be seeing this movie tomorrow!

message 17: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "If everything works out, I will be seeing this movie tomorrow!"

I might go see it SATURDAY!!

message 18: by Lilith (new)

So I just saw Girl on a Train. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! When I had initially seen the trailer, I thought I was going to be disappointed, but they really did a good job! I find that Emily Blunt's acting was really impressive and she did a really good job at playing a drunk. I really have no complaints, except for the fact that the way Rachel was described in the book wouldn't have made me think of Emily Blunt playing that character. Overall they really stuck to the book.

message 19: by Deborah (new)

Ha!!! I will probably see it this weekend.

message 20: by Joanie (new)

Joanie Taylor Hi ladies, newbie here. I just finished Girl on the Train and I have to say, I had a hard time getting through it. I found it to be terribly slow and depressing. I am, however, excited to see the movie. I've heard great things about it!

message 21: by Lilith (new)

Hey Joanie!
I have to agree with you about the book...I was not too impressed. I really didn't get what all the hype was about. Way overrated!