Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Ash Vs Evil Dead Show

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I can't believe I've procrastinated so long on watching this, especially considering how long I've waited for any kind of sequel or something like this

Watching the first episode right now, it's impressive and hilarious. Definitely will check out the other episodes. Anyone else watching?

message 2: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1601 comments The first episode was free online, so I watched it a week or two ago. Loved it.

But I don't get Starz, so...

message 3: by Just Elise (new)

Just Elise (justelise) | 21 comments I just started watching it, too. And I have the same story - I'd been really looking forward to it, so I'm not sure what's taken me so long.

I've only watched the first episode, but it does seem pretty amusing so far. I don't think my favorite shows are in danger of being bumped down my list, but it's definitely one I'll watch.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Mingee (robertmingee) | 776 comments Yeah, it is a lot of fun. Not a whole lot of substance there so far, but entertaining nonetheless. Bruce Campbell has got to be having a ball with it.

message 5: by Jorge (last edited Dec 07, 2015 07:24AM) (new)

Jorge Lopez I have seen all the aired episodes and I am having a blast. I have been waiting since 1992 to have a sequel to Army of Darkness and the wait was worth it. It is exactly the same kind of humor and action, with the perfect mix of comedy and gore and Bruce Campbell is at the top of his game again.

message 6: by Ed (new)

Ed (BlackSabbathEd) Great show so far. Bruce Campbell is one of the biggest Horror icons of the 80's and he does not disappoint with his chainsaw hand, boom stick and all of the silly one liners you could ask for. I'm extremely happy this show is so good because The Walking Dead has gotten so ridiculously bad.

message 7: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria Faust | 10 comments Great show, good old horror, the way it's supposed to be.

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Mcgrath | 155 comments What's the matter , you never seen a guy with a chainsaw hand before ? lol. I am really enjoying the show , has the spirit of the movies and just as cheesy. It looks they are having fun. And I live in Michigan , they have apparently given up trying to hide the fact they are filming in New Zealand. NOTHING around here looks like that.

message 9: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 3233 comments I started watching this just after Christmas. I love it! It's crazy and funny and really gory. Perfect. lol

message 10: by Will (new)

Will | 12 comments Great show thus far! Waiting for the finale but it's already renewed for season 2 so I would expect a cliffhanger ending. So many great lines and ridiculous gore, but fun as heck !

message 11: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 3233 comments Couldn't agree more, Will. Fun as all Hell!

message 12: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 175 comments This turned out better than I expected. It took a minute to get back in the groove of that over the top humor and horror. The first couple episodes get a bit wooden to me, but by the end I was loving it.
I was surprised they're doing a second season.

message 13: by Ed (new)

Ed Pope | 4 comments I've only seen the first four episodes and I'm really enjoying the show. The writers have genuinely captured same atmosphere of the movies without it feeling forced.

message 14: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments I got the free trial of Starz and binge watched the whole season in two days. I want a chainsaw hand when I grow up.

message 15: by Robert (new)

Robert Kratky (bolorkay) | 323 comments When will "Ash and The Evil Dead" be returning for a new season on Starz?

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 378 comments I don't think there's a specific date set yet, but it'll be in Autumn.

We loved season 1. It's not award winning stuff but it is exactly what we want from Evil Dead, over the top blood and gore and Ash being Ash.

We weren't sure of Pablo and Kelly at first but we loved them by the end.

There were 4 of is watching it together, 3 of us huge Evil Dead fans. The other guy really couldn't get on with the gruesome parts (remember feet getting chopped off?), he had to stop eating his takeaway as he felt sick. But in the context it's done in more of a comedy way than straight up gruesome.

We're really looking forward to the next season.

message 17: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Season 2 starts in October. I'll just hang out here until then.

message 18: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Oh yeah.. trailer link... https://youtu.be/WzeJTAwqEJ4

message 19: by K. D. (new)

K. D. (bookaholic_kd) I so love this show. It airs on Sunday, Oct 2nd. I already have the date set on my calendar.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments Glad it was renewed.

message 21: by Ed (new)

Ed Pope | 4 comments Netflix is great. I just finished watching season 1. I can't wait for season 2.

message 22: by Crowinator (last edited Sep 26, 2016 03:30PM) (new)

Crowinator | 91 comments Wait, is this on Netflix? I just finished Season 1 by borrowing my friend's streaming cable password, but if it's on Netflix...well, then I can watch it on my real TV instead of my computer. I loved it by the way. Hilariously gruesome. I loved that it was a 30 minute show. An hour an episode would have been way too much. I need to figure out how to see Season 2!

message 23: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1601 comments Not on NetFlix.

message 24: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1601 comments It's on Amazon Video if you have the Starz extra subscription.

message 25: by Karen (new)

Karen (hmssparky) | 167 comments Ed wrote: "Great show so far. Bruce Campbell is one of the biggest Horror icons of the 80's and he does not disappoint with his chainsaw hand, boom stick and all of the silly one liners you could ask for. I'm..."

That's probably the best description for this show that I've ever read!!! Thank you!!!

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 378 comments Anyone watching the second series yet?

We're loving it. It's everything Evil Dead should be, hilarious but ih so gorey.

We were saying after the first episode that Bruce looks so much fitter in this season. We think he's been really exercising. He looks fantastic!

This season is just getting straight into it, whereas the last was a bit waffly.

And Ted! Yay, Ted.

If you're an Evil Dead fan you have to watch this.

message 27: by Anita (new)

Anita (neet413) | 777 comments Love Lee Majors as 'Ashey Slashey"'s dad!

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 378 comments Fantastic wasn't he!!

message 29: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments I'm one episode behind but loving it so far.

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 378 comments We're loving it so far.

We like the pairing of Kelly and Ruby. As much as we love Lucy Lawless he character really isn't interesting. So, now she's with Kelly then it could get way more interesting.

And The Delta!!! Noooooo!