What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Little Mouse Makes a Mess (Your First Adventure, #5)
This topic is about Little Mouse Makes a Mess
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book, 80s? Beautiful illustrated. Mouse carrying out tasks in house, makes a mess. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki (nval) | 4 comments I have vivid remembrances of a children's book I read in the very early 90's, but I think it was released before then. It was possibly a flip book. I remembered it being a simply story for early years kids with detailed illustrations.

A mouse (wearing clothes) trying to help by doing chores around the house and in the garden, but everything they do they get wrong and make a mess. They get upset as they were only trying to help.

The mouse could have possibly been wearing blue dungarees but I'm not certain about that point

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments Was it "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33368 comments Mod
Nikki, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" because you're looking for a specific book.

Nikki (nval) | 4 comments Thanks Kris!

Thank you for your suggestion Sarah, although it is not a match sorry.

The illustrations are more "vintage" style looking.
I'm not sure on the dungarees part, I may have that wrong.

message 6: by Sharni (new)

Sharni (sharnibear) | 61 comments The Adventures of Mary Mouse maybe? It's the first mouse in clothes book that came to mind (it's also part of a series)

Nikki (nval) | 4 comments It's not unfortunately but I was a big Enid fan and don't remember this one.
Thanks for contributing!

message 8: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4132 comments Little Mouse Makes a Mess - Marcia Leonard? It is wearing blue dungarees :)

Nikki (nval) | 4 comments Yes, this is it! Thank you so much, I have no idea how you must have got that. I'm over the moon :-)