The Fault in Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars discussion

Cancer

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Isaac T. Well, i'm reading this book.. again (the sixth time this year.) I'm completely obsessed with this book. I love it so much. This book is just so well put together and its so easy to read because the author (John Greene) links everything together PERFECTLY!

Dale Pearl I like this book very much as well but not no 6 times. To depressing, and not only that, there are just to many books out there begging to be read.

message 3: by Arachne (last edited Dec 06, 2015 07:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arachne I too adored the book, but 6 times? Throughout the same year? Personally, I don't read books more than once (with a few exceptions but never without waiting months to pass) because. just as user Dale said there are so many other books that I want to read. It feels like you don't have the time to read them all. You actually don't.

Kylie I guess that's what you do with your favorite book :)

Isaac T. Dale wrote: "I like this book very much as well but not no 6 times. To depressing, and not only that, there are just to many books out there begging to be read."

Yes, i understand that. I've just fallen in love with this book. I would really enjoy another book like it, but, i cant fine anything. Any recommendations?

Dramapuppy Isaac wrote: "Dale wrote: "I like this book very much as well but not no 6 times. To depressing, and not only that, there are just to many books out there begging to be read."

Yes, i understand that. I've just ..."

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl and the rest of the John Green's books. If you've already read those, then tell us what you liked the Fault in Our Stars.

Ryder I honestly as someone who's read TFiOS 10 times didnt find Me Earl and the Dying Girl to be similar or as satisfying as TFiOS, they're both about cancer but totally different. I imagine the same for Esther Grace Earl, its more a biography than something similar to TFiOS.

For something I recommend, Thirteen Reasons Why, is similar in the way of tragedy, not cancer but its still a great read with intriguing characters and hard to put down.

Anything else by John Green is obvi amazing, for something similar to this I would say Looking for Alaska has the most likeness compared to his other books.

Eleanor & Park is also a sweet and tragic-ish book. Great characters with sad lives etc. Not as witty and funny but still lovely.

Pushing the Limits companion series are all based around someone with issues, wether it be their home life or something along those lines with great romance.

Speak is a good realism w/ characters struggling book, I personally didn't connect but its really popular.

What I Thought Was True is an awesome contemporary book, there is a bit of mysteries and teen issues. Not as depressing but an awesome book!

Hope these helped.

Izzy I definitely like the reality that this story gives. It was a lot more refreshing than just, they fall in love and live happily ever after.

Mihika Hey guys, I loved TFIOS... but do read this-
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

All the bright places is AMAZING